skill: subschool of a subschool?

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
      I have a skill, Knowledge (Species), that is an umbrella skill for each type of species. How, without explicitly naming each species (Knowledge (Species - Human), Knowledge (Species - Dwarf), etc), can I set this up?

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
        Can't. Gotta do it like the Knowledge and Performs.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2006
          *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.

          Can't. Gotta do it like the Knowledge and Performs.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
            On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
            > *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.

            Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is supposed to
            be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require ranks of
            Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)

          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
              >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
              >
              > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is
              > supposed to be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require
              > ranks of Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)

              I know. But I can hope, can't I? ;P

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD
            • bebberd@att.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
                Does OUTPUTNAME work on skills? if it did you might be able to do a

                "Species Knowledge (%) OUTPUTNAME:Knowledge (Species - %)"

                Thoughts?

                From: "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...>
                > >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
                > >
                > > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is
                > > supposed to be lots of skills? (and I love the PrCs that require
                > > ranks of Knowledge (Local)... Crazy)
                >
                > I know. But I can hope, can't I? ;P
                >
                > Paul W. King
                > PR SB, BoD
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 8, 2006
                  Tir Gwaith wrote:
                  > On 8/7/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
                  >> *sigh* I was afraid you'd say that.
                  >
                  > Why do you think we have Knowledge (Local) even tho it is supposed to
                  > be lots of skills?

                  Where does it say that? As fas as I know the according to the RAW there
                  is only one Knowledge (local) skill and that helps you regardless of
                  where you are. I know it's silly, but I think it like that in the rules.
                  Or do you have proof to the contrary?

                  Strangly, Knowledge (local) also help in identifying humanoid creatures...

                  Stefan.