Spell DC formula

  • chacal_62735 <chacal@gmx.fr>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
      Hi !

      In which file can I change the spell DC formula (10+INT+Spell Level)?
      IMC, we house ruled it to take caster level into account.

      I can't find it in the lst files.

      Chacal
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
        > In which file can I change the spell DC formula (10+INT+Spell Level)?
        > IMC, we house ruled it to take caster level into account.
        >

        > I can't find it in the lst files.

        That is a work in progress.

        You should be able to do that in the next couple of weeks.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen Team
        Data Silverback
      • chacal_62735 <chacal@gmx.fr>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
          > > In which file can I change the spell DC formula (10+INT+Spell Level)?

          > That is a work in progress.
          >
          > You should be able to do that in the next couple of weeks.
          >
          > Tir Gwaith

          Ok , thanks !

          Chacal
        • chacal_62735 <chacal@gmx.fr>
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
            > > In which file can I change the spell DC formula (10+INT+Spell Level)?
            > > IMC, we house ruled it to take caster level into account.
            > >

            > > I can't find it in the lst files.
            >
            > That is a work in progress.
            >
            > You should be able to do that in the next couple of weeks.
            So...
            Now that we're a couple of weeks later , How can I set 10+
            (spellstat/2).TRUNC+ (casterlevel/3).TRUNC ?

            Actually, it's the casterlevel part that I can't make working.

            Any Idea ?

            Chacal
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
              Check out the GameMode miscinfo.lst

              SPELLBASEDC:10+SPELLLEVEL+BASESPELLSTAT

              SPELLBASEDC:10+BASESPELLSTAT/2

              Then in your classes (I know, messy): BONUS:DC|CLASS.<classname>|CL/3

              That should work.

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen BoD
              Data Silverback

            • chacal_62735 <chacal@gmx.fr>
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 12, 2003
                Check out the GameMode miscinfo.lst

                > SPELLBASEDC:10+SPELLLEVEL+BASESPELLSTAT
                >
                > SPELLBASEDC:10+SPELLLEVEL+BASESPELLSTAT/2
                >
                > Then in your classes (I know, messy):
                > BONUS:DC|CLASS.<classname>|CL/3

                Thanks ! The CLASS.<classname> part I didn't tried. (TYPE.Arcane
                didn't seem to work for this)

                I'm not sure it's messy, It allows for interesting flexibility.

                > That should work.
                It works fine :)

                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen BoD
                > Data Silverback

                Chacal

                P.S :Since I Had to MOD the classes, I've put
                BONUS:DC|CLASS.<classname>|CL/3-SPELLSTAT/2
                to avoid changing the gamemode.