Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RE: ranged double weapon

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2006
      > >We don't have any other ways of modifying stuff on the fly for
      > >different ranges. Haven't really needed it before (yes, we debated
      > >that back when we did SHORTRANGE stuff.)
      >
      > Well I'm trying for Stargate.
      >
      > The M-16A3 has a range short range of 125'
      > The laser designator is +2 out to 50'

      First of all, SHORTRANGE isn't the same thing as Range increment. And
      SHORTRANGE is defined per GameMode. Now, if all SHORTRANGE things are
      at 50' (PBS equivalent, etc.) then that would work, but if not, then
      PCGen isn't flexible enough yet.

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
        On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:12:50 -0500, you wrote:

        >> >We don't have any other ways of modifying stuff on the fly for
        >> >different ranges. Haven't really needed it before (yes, we debated
        >> >that back when we did SHORTRANGE stuff.)
        >>
        >> Well I'm trying for Stargate.
        >>
        >> The M-16A3 has a range short range of 125'
        >> The laser designator is +2 out to 50'
        >
        >First of all, SHORTRANGE isn't the same thing as Range increment. And
        >SHORTRANGE is defined per GameMode. Now, if all SHORTRANGE things are
        >at 50' (PBS equivalent, etc.) then that would work, but if not, then
        >PCGen isn't flexible enough yet.

        Got a sledgehammer, chisel and a wrecking bar if that will help to get it
        to work.

        Terry