Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] RE: ranged double weapon

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006
      On 8/5/06, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
      > In the same general area is it possible to have the BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|x
      > changed to include a range maximum?
      >
      > In Stargate the laser illuminators have a +2 on the to hit out to 50 feet.
      > I was trying to get a BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|2|RANGEMAX:50. One of the
      > problems that an additional range bands are going to be generated.

      Closest thing on that is SHORTRANGE, which is defined in GameMode (3.5
      has range 30, for PBS, etc.)

      We don't have any other ways of modifying stuff on the fly for
      different ranges. Haven't really needed it before (yes, we debated
      that back when we did SHORTRANGE stuff.)

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5, 2006

        On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 06:38:27 -0400, you wrote:

        >Hit "send" to quickly. Also need an ALTRATEOFFIRE. Doesn't look like there's
        >one of those either.

      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2006
          On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 14:25:38 -0500, you wrote:

          >On 8/5/06, Terry FitzSimons <fitzsimons@...> wrote:
          >> In the same general area is it possible to have the BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|x
          >> changed to include a range maximum?
          >>
          >> In Stargate the laser illuminators have a +2 on the to hit out to 50 feet.
          >> I was trying to get a BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|2|RANGEMAX:50. One of the
          >> problems that an additional range bands are going to be generated.
          >
          >Closest thing on that is SHORTRANGE, which is defined in GameMode (3.5
          >has range 30, for PBS, etc.)
          >
          >We don't have any other ways of modifying stuff on the fly for
          >different ranges. Haven't really needed it before (yes, we debated
          >that back when we did SHORTRANGE stuff.)

          Well I'm trying for Stargate.

          The M-16A3 has a range short range of 125'
          The laser designator is +2 out to 50'

          Terry
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2006
            > >We don't have any other ways of modifying stuff on the fly for
            > >different ranges. Haven't really needed it before (yes, we debated
            > >that back when we did SHORTRANGE stuff.)
            >
            > Well I'm trying for Stargate.
            >
            > The M-16A3 has a range short range of 125'
            > The laser designator is +2 out to 50'

            First of all, SHORTRANGE isn't the same thing as Range increment. And
            SHORTRANGE is defined per GameMode. Now, if all SHORTRANGE things are
            at 50' (PBS equivalent, etc.) then that would work, but if not, then
            PCGen isn't flexible enough yet.

          • Terry FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
              On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:12:50 -0500, you wrote:

              >> >We don't have any other ways of modifying stuff on the fly for
              >> >different ranges. Haven't really needed it before (yes, we debated
              >> >that back when we did SHORTRANGE stuff.)
              >>
              >> Well I'm trying for Stargate.
              >>
              >> The M-16A3 has a range short range of 125'
              >> The laser designator is +2 out to 50'
              >
              >First of all, SHORTRANGE isn't the same thing as Range increment. And
              >SHORTRANGE is defined per GameMode. Now, if all SHORTRANGE things are
              >at 50' (PBS equivalent, etc.) then that would work, but if not, then
              >PCGen isn't flexible enough yet.

              Got a sledgehammer, chisel and a wrecking bar if that will help to get it
              to work.

              Terry