Re: favored enemy like abilities

  • frank_kliewe
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2006
      <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

      > > In Dawning Star: Operation Quick Launch (we have BDG approval to do
      > > this and Helios Rising), there is a Dedicated talent tree called
      > > Sworn enemy. It works very similar to a Ranger's Favored enemy,
      > > except that not only can you choose races, you can choose groups.
      > > Improved Sworn Enemy allows you to increase the bonus from +2 to +4,
      > > and Advanced Sworn Enemy bumps it to +6. Each can be chosen multiple
      > > times, with Advanced requiring Improved, and Improved requiring the
      > > base. My main question is how to set up for groups.
      >
      > Just to clarify a bit.
      >
      > If I take Sworn Enemy (cyborgs) and then Sworn Emeny (mutants) {both
      of
      > which are listed as options in the text}. At my next talent choice, if
      > I choose Improved Sworn Enemy, I need to choose one of these two to
      get
      > a total bonus of +4.
      >
      > HTH
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > PR SB, BoD

      I 'm not sure if I fully understand your question. Ignoring that fact,
      I'd say for the basic Sworn Enemy feat you set up a chooser that has all
      possible choices (Races and Groups, yes that can get quite long).
      Improved SE then gets CHOOSE:FEAT|Sworn Enemy to use the selected
      options from there. Advanced SE will then use Improved SE with the
      CHOOSE.
      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback

      --
      They may torture my body, break my bones, even kill me, then they will
      have my dead body. NOT MY OBEDIENCE!