Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] PREDEFAULTMONSTER and kits

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2006
      On 8/3/06 11:02 AM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

      >>> Wasn't the PREDEFAULTMONSTER code deprecated in 5.10? If so,
      >>> what is the proper notation in the kits fot BAB and CHECKS?
      >>
      >> You don't. The checks and BAB are set in the monster class. If
      >> you recall Default Monster Mode does not use monster classes and
      >> that's why you have to add those bonuses in the race qualified
      >> with PREDEFAULTMONSTER:YES
      >
      > Alright, I think I got it. So, MONSTERCLASS stays in the race file?

      Correct, MONSTERCLASS is ignored when Default Monster Mode is ON. HITDICE is
      ignored when Default Monster Mode is OFF, and that is what will be removed
      in the 5.11 line.

      >>> Also, looking at the Centaur (3.5), there are BONUS:SKILLRANK
      >>> with PREDEFAULTMONSTER, but the race kit also has SKILL on it.
      >>> Same goes with the +1 on the various stats. I'm assuming this is
      >>> just an instance of the full conversion not being done yet, but
      >>> I want to make sure.
      >>
      >> Our data still has the tags for both modes, we have not yet
      >> removed the old stuff. In that sense the full conversion is not
      >> yet complete but every RSRD race (except Human) has a Default
      >> Monster Kit, I personally validated most of them (Aaron hit the
      >> rest).
      >>
      >> So at the moment both modes are valid.
      >
      > When is timeline for fully moving to KIT?

      Devon and Kar have said they want to gut the Default Monster Mode code out
      during the 5.11 line so 5.12 will be free of it, we'll want to remove the
      related tags from the data at the same time or earlier.

      Then there is the matter of setting up kits for the rest of the data, much
      of this has been done but only the RSRD and the MSRD monsters have been
      scrutinized and validated to a high degree of quality.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)