[BUG] Shocking Burst augmentation not behaving properly

  • Benoît Bottin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      Hello to everyone,

      I seem to have found a bug of some sort in the SRD35 datafile
      rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst

      The Shocking Burst enhancement to a weapon is supposed to deliver
      +1d10 of electricity damage on a critical hit if the critical
      multiplier is x2, +2d10 if x3, +3d10 if x4, etc.

      The SPROP entry reads:
      SPROP:+1d6 electricity damage. On a critical hit deals
      +%d10 additional electricity damage|CRITMULT-1

      And on the PC sheet it reads:
      +1d6 electricity damage. On a critical hit deals
      +-1d10 additional electricity damage

      I think this is because CRITMULT is a text property and so cannot
      be substituted by a % sign, so CRITMULT is ignored and -1 is used.

      How is it possible to correct the entry in such a way that the correct
      number of d10s be included in the descriptive text ?

      Then the correction should be included in the future releases.

      Thank you,

      Yours,

      Benoît Bottin
    • boomer70
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        --- Benoît Bottin <bottin@...> wrote:

        > Hello to everyone,
        >
        > I seem to have found a bug of some sort in the SRD35
        > datafile
        > rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst
        >
        > The Shocking Burst enhancement to a weapon is
        > supposed to deliver
        > +1d10 of electricity damage on a critical hit if the
        > critical
        > multiplier is x2, +2d10 if x3, +3d10 if x4, etc.
        >
        > The SPROP entry reads:
        > SPROP:+1d6 electricity damage. On a critical hit
        > deals
        > +%d10 additional electricity damage|CRITMULT-1
        >
        > And on the PC sheet it reads:
        > +1d6 electricity damage. On a critical hit deals
        > +-1d10 additional electricity damage
        >
        > I think this is because CRITMULT is a text property
        > and so cannot
        > be substituted by a % sign, so CRITMULT is ignored
        > and -1 is used.
        >
        > How is it possible to correct the entry in such a
        > way that the correct
        > number of d10s be included in the descriptive text ?
        >
        > Then the correction should be included in the future
        > releases.

        This bug has been fixed. The tracker is here:
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1483634&group_id=25576&atid=384719

        This should be in 5.10.1. If you are not using that
        version please upgrade and test it again.

        -Aaron

        http://mail.yahoo.com