Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] PREDEFAULTMONSTER and kits

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3 7:44 AM
      Correct, Default Monster Mode still works. So a user doesn't have to
      use the Kits. It has been deprecated, and will be removed in the 5.11
      series, along with the data supports.

      On 8/3/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
      > Wasn't the PREDEFAULTMONSTER code deprecated in 5.10? If so, what is the proper notation in the kits fot BAB and CHECKS? Also, looking at the Centaur (3.5), there are BONUS:SKILLRANK with PREDEFAULTMONSTER, but the race kit also has SKILL on it. Same goes with the +1 on the various stats. I'm assuming this is just an instance of the full conversion not being done yet, but I want to make sure.

    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 8:02 AM
        >> Wasn't the PREDEFAULTMONSTER code deprecated in 5.10? If so,
        >> what is the proper notation in the kits fot BAB and CHECKS?
        >
        > You don't. The checks and BAB are set in the monster class. If
        > you recall Default Monster Mode does not use monster classes and
        > that's why you have to add those bonuses in the race qualified
        > with PREDEFAULTMONSTER:YES

        Alright, I think I got it. So, MONSTERCLASS stays in the race file?

        >> Also, looking at the Centaur (3.5), there are BONUS:SKILLRANK
        >> with PREDEFAULTMONSTER, but the race kit also has SKILL on it.
        >> Same goes with the +1 on the various stats. I'm assuming this is
        >> just an instance of the full conversion not being done yet, but
        >> I want to make sure.
        >
        > Our data still has the tags for both modes, we have not yet
        > removed the old stuff. In that sense the full conversion is not
        > yet complete but every RSRD race (except Human) has a Default
        > Monster Kit, I personally validated most of them (Aaron hit the
        > rest).
        >
        > So at the moment both modes are valid.

        When is timeline for fully moving to KIT?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 8:18 AM
          On 8/3/06 11:02 AM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          >>> Wasn't the PREDEFAULTMONSTER code deprecated in 5.10? If so,
          >>> what is the proper notation in the kits fot BAB and CHECKS?
          >>
          >> You don't. The checks and BAB are set in the monster class. If
          >> you recall Default Monster Mode does not use monster classes and
          >> that's why you have to add those bonuses in the race qualified
          >> with PREDEFAULTMONSTER:YES
          >
          > Alright, I think I got it. So, MONSTERCLASS stays in the race file?

          Correct, MONSTERCLASS is ignored when Default Monster Mode is ON. HITDICE is
          ignored when Default Monster Mode is OFF, and that is what will be removed
          in the 5.11 line.

          >>> Also, looking at the Centaur (3.5), there are BONUS:SKILLRANK
          >>> with PREDEFAULTMONSTER, but the race kit also has SKILL on it.
          >>> Same goes with the +1 on the various stats. I'm assuming this is
          >>> just an instance of the full conversion not being done yet, but
          >>> I want to make sure.
          >>
          >> Our data still has the tags for both modes, we have not yet
          >> removed the old stuff. In that sense the full conversion is not
          >> yet complete but every RSRD race (except Human) has a Default
          >> Monster Kit, I personally validated most of them (Aaron hit the
          >> rest).
          >>
          >> So at the moment both modes are valid.
          >
          > When is timeline for fully moving to KIT?

          Devon and Kar have said they want to gut the Default Monster Mode code out
          during the 5.11 line so 5.12 will be free of it, we'll want to remove the
          related tags from the data at the same time or earlier.

          Then there is the matter of setting up kits for the rest of the data, much
          of this has been done but only the RSRD and the MSRD monsters have been
          scrutinized and validated to a high degree of quality.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)