RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Please help create "Wolverine Claws"

  • Chris Chandler
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 11, 2006
      > I thought what was supposed to happen (and correct me if I'm
      > wrong) is that while wearing a buckler, a character is
      > supposed to take a -1 To Hit penalty ONLY on two-handed
      > weapons or weapons wielded solely in the buckler arm, i.e., a
      > weapon held by the hand of the non- buckler arm should not
      > suffer this penalty.

      That's true, but PCGen can't do this as it doesn't distinguish "arms" for
      shields...

      You could change the BONUS on the buckler (from what you're saying I'm
      assuming it's a simple BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT| to be a
      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-SECONDARY and it should only apply to the offhand weapon
      (or make it BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT-PRIMARY| if you want it to affect your
      primary arm). Doing this though throws it out of wack for two handed
      weapons....

      Barak
    • allencohn
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2006
        Thank you, Barak, for your thoughtful answer. I guess we'll just file
        this in the "feature request" pile. I think that since this character
        almost always fights with two weapons or a two-handed weapon, it's
        best for me to just have the -1 apply to everything and remember that
        my first attack sequence is +1 better To Hit.

        Onward, does anyone have any idea why the weapon seems to be
        calculated as a +1 weapon instead of a +2? (it's one less on To Hit
        and 1 less on Damage bonus than expected...) Just to review, my
        current LST file defines them as:

        Wolverine Claws PROFICIENCY:Wolverine Claws DAMAGE:1d8
        EQMOD:STAR_METAL|MWORKW|PLUS2W CRITRANGE:3 CRITMULT:x2
        COST:12700 WT:0.25
        TYPE:Enhancement.Weapon.Exotic.Melee.Slashing.Specific.Piercin
        g SPROP:+2 additional vs. evil creatures SIZE:M WIELD:Light
        SPROP:Can crit undead SPROP:Good aligned SPROP:Against
        Negative Energy Plane creatures or undead it does double damage (and
        X3 on a crit instead of X2)

        And would someone please translate those

        2W-p-(OH)
        2W-P-(OL)
        2W-OH

        abbreviations?

        Many, many thanks,
        Allen
      • Chris Chandler
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 11, 2006
          > 2W-p-(OH)
          Two Weapon Primary (Offhand Weapon is Heavy)

          > 2W-P-(OL)
          Two Weapon Primary (Offhand Weapon is Light)

          > 2W-OH
          Two Weapon Offhand

          Barak