Please help create feat concerning favored enemy

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I'm using the LST editor to create a feat. It should bring up a
      selection box listing all of the character's favored enemies, let you
      select one, and then give +3 additional to the bonus for that single
      enemy.

      Unfortunately, I don't know what to enter into the "Advanced" tab of
      the editor.

      Suggestions, anyone?

      Many thanks,
      Allen
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 11, 2006
        We've set up Favored Enemy to work in 3.5, but it isn't pretty.

        You want
        CHOOSE:FavoredAberration|FavoredAnimal||FavoredConstruct|FavoredDragon|FavoredElemental|FavoredFey|FavoredGiant|FavoredHumanoidAquatic|FavoredHumanoidDwarf|FavoredHumanoidElf|FavoredHumanoidGoblinoid|FavoredHumanoidGnoll|FavoredHumanoidGnome|FavoredHumanoidHalfling|FavoredHumanoidHuman|FavoredHumanoidOrc|FavoredHumanoidReptilian|FavoredMagicalBeast|FavoredMonstrousHumanoid|FavoredOoze|FavoredOutsiderAir|FavoredOutsiderEarth|FavoredOutsiderFire|FavoredOutsiderWater|FavoredOutsiderLawful|FavoredOutsiderChaotic|FavoredOutsiderGood|FavoredOutsiderEvil|FavoredOutsiderNative|FavoredPlant|FavoredUndead|FavoredVermin
        BONUS:VAR|LIST|3

        Not sure if that will show choices that the character doesn't have DEFINEd. That's using the LST Editors.....

        Personally, I'd take the tact that we did for Favored enemy bonus. Don't use the LST editor for this....

        1) Copy and paste into your own set from rsrd_feats_hidden.lst the ###Block: Favored Enemy Bonuses and all the feats in in.
        2) Change the names slightly (they'll be hidden anyway, so it won't really matter)
        3) Yank out PREVARGTEQ:FavoredEBonusChoices,1 (leave the PREFEAT)
        4) Change BONUS:VAR|LIST|2 to BONUS:VAR|LIST|3 (since your feat does +3)
        5) Change the TYPE:FavoredEnemyBonus to MyFeatType or whatever you want (it will be staying hidden anyway) This is so that it won't interfere with standard Ranger progression stuff, and will work with the next feat bit:

        This is what you will be seeing in the UI, etc....
        6) create feat
        MyFeat TYPE:General (or whatever) VISIBLE:YES ADD:FEAT(TYPE.MyFeatType)

        That ought to give you everything you want. It is a little complicated for a beginner to set up, but it will work like a charm once you get it set up.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I'm using the LST editor to create a feat. It should bring up a
        > selection box listing all of the character's favored enemies, let you
        > select one, and then give +3 additional to the bonus for that single
        > enemy.
        >
        > Unfortunately, I don't know what to enter into the "Advanced" tab of
        > the editor.
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2006
          Thanks, Tir!

          I tried the LST editor approach to start and, woo hoo!, it worked.

          Allen