Re: equipment slots

  • Truth
    Message 1 of 8 , May 16, 2006
      On 5/17/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
      > >> RPG Objects has just released Legends of Sorcery: Gems. In this
      > >> book, they have rules to put gems in equipment sockets to enhance
      > >> their abilties (similar to how Diablo works). Is there a method to
      > >> currently allow this, or do I need to move this discussion over to
      > >> Experimental?
      > >
      > > Can't you code them as EQMODs?
      >
      > Let me give an example, so you have a fuller picture of what I'm
      > talking about. I think its complicated, but I may be thinking to
      > hard. :D
      >
      > Agate
      > Weapon: Poison dealing 1d6 Str damage
      > Jewelry: +1 Luck bonus to saving throws
      > Armor: If wearer attacked, make save or be poisoned as per weapon
      > Clothing: +1 enhancement bonus to saving throws
      > Wand/Staff/Rod: CMW, CLW or CMW (depends on value of gem)
      > As spell component: +1 enhancement bonus to casting checks for
      > healing and curative spells.

      You could do this as an EQMOD for each type of item ... Possibly not
      ideal for you, but it would work.

      --
      Truth.
      There is no religion higher than the Truth.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 17, 2006
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Truth <geeknz@...> wrote:

        > > > Can't you code them as EQMODs?
        > >
        > > Let me give an example, so you have a fuller picture of what I'm
        > > talking about. I think its complicated, but I may be thinking to
        > > hard. :D
        > >
        > > Agate
        > > Weapon: Poison dealing 1d6 Str damage
        > > Jewelry: +1 Luck bonus to saving throws
        > > Armor: If wearer attacked, make save or be poisoned as per weapon
        > > Clothing: +1 enhancement bonus to saving throws
        > > Wand/Staff/Rod: CMW, CLW or CMW (depends on value of gem)
        > > As spell component: +1 enhancement bonus to casting checks for
        > > healing and curative spells.
        >
        > You could do this as an EQMOD for each type of item ... Possibly
        not
        > ideal for you, but it would work.

        It would be great if EQMOD would take PRExxx tags -- then the gem
        socketing issue would be easier, so then you could do things like:

        EQMOD:Keen|PRETYPE:Weapon EQMOD:

        Implementing items that increased in power as you level up would
        also be easier to do:

        EQMOD:Holy|PRECLASS:1,Paladin=5
        EQMOD:Flaming|PRELEVEL:12

        The only thing missing for the gem socketing would be the ability to
        equip the gem on the item.
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2006
          > Implementing items that increased in power as you level up would
          > also be easier to do:
          >
          > EQMOD:Holy|PRECLASS:1,Paladin=5
          > EQMOD:Flaming|PRELEVEL:12

          And after a deeper reading, some gem properties increase their bonus based upon the value of the gem. For instance (and I'm making this example up), a gem grants a +1 bonus to skills for every 1,000 gp in value. So if you put in a 10,000 value gem, you get a +10 bonus.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD
        • hharden71
          Message 4 of 8 , May 19, 2006

            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Horner"
            <jlhorner1974@...> wrote:

            > It would be great if EQMOD would take PRExxx tags -- then the gem
            > socketing issue would be easier, so then you could do things like:
            >
            > EQMOD:Keen|PRETYPE:Weapon EQMOD:
            >
            > Implementing items that increased in power as you level up would
            > also be easier to do:
            >
            > EQMOD:Holy|PRECLASS:1,Paladin=5
            > EQMOD:Flaming|PRELEVEL:12
            >
            > The only thing missing for the gem socketing would be the ability
            > equip the gem on the item.

            Couldn't you simply make the item a container able to hold 1 gem?