Re: equipment slots

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 8 , May 16, 2006
      >> RPG Objects has just released Legends of Sorcery: Gems. In this
      >> book, they have rules to put gems in equipment sockets to enhance
      >> their abilties (similar to how Diablo works). Is there a method to
      >> currently allow this, or do I need to move this discussion over to
      >> Experimental?
      >>
      >> Paul W. King
      >> PR SB, BoD
      >>

      > Can't you code them as EQMODs?

      Let me give an example, so you have a fuller picture of what I'm
      talking about. I think its complicated, but I may be thinking to
      hard. :D

      Agate
      Weapon: Poison dealing 1d6 Str damage
      Jewelry: +1 Luck bonus to saving throws
      Armor: If wearer attacked, make save or be poisoned as per weapon
      Clothing: +1 enhancement bonus to saving throws
      Wand/Staff/Rod: CMW, CLW or CMW (depends on value of gem)
      As spell component: +1 enhancement bonus to casting checks for
      healing and curative spells.

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • Truth
      Message 2 of 8 , May 16, 2006
        On 5/17/06, Paul W. King <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
        > >> RPG Objects has just released Legends of Sorcery: Gems. In this
        > >> book, they have rules to put gems in equipment sockets to enhance
        > >> their abilties (similar to how Diablo works). Is there a method to
        > >> currently allow this, or do I need to move this discussion over to
        > >> Experimental?
        > >
        > > Can't you code them as EQMODs?
        >
        > Let me give an example, so you have a fuller picture of what I'm
        > talking about. I think its complicated, but I may be thinking to
        > hard. :D
        >
        > Agate
        > Weapon: Poison dealing 1d6 Str damage
        > Jewelry: +1 Luck bonus to saving throws
        > Armor: If wearer attacked, make save or be poisoned as per weapon
        > Clothing: +1 enhancement bonus to saving throws
        > Wand/Staff/Rod: CMW, CLW or CMW (depends on value of gem)
        > As spell component: +1 enhancement bonus to casting checks for
        > healing and curative spells.

        You could do this as an EQMOD for each type of item ... Possibly not
        ideal for you, but it would work.

        --
        Truth.
        There is no religion higher than the Truth.
        Message 3 of 8 , May 17, 2006
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Truth <geeknz@...> wrote:

          > > > Can't you code them as EQMODs?
          > >
          > > Let me give an example, so you have a fuller picture of what I'm
          > > talking about. I think its complicated, but I may be thinking to
          > > hard. :D
          > >
          > > Agate
          > > Weapon: Poison dealing 1d6 Str damage
          > > Jewelry: +1 Luck bonus to saving throws
          > > Armor: If wearer attacked, make save or be poisoned as per weapon
          > > Clothing: +1 enhancement bonus to saving throws
          > > Wand/Staff/Rod: CMW, CLW or CMW (depends on value of gem)
          > > As spell component: +1 enhancement bonus to casting checks for
          > > healing and curative spells.
          >
          > You could do this as an EQMOD for each type of item ... Possibly
          not
          > ideal for you, but it would work.

          It would be great if EQMOD would take PRExxx tags -- then the gem
          socketing issue would be easier, so then you could do things like:

          EQMOD:Keen|PRETYPE:Weapon EQMOD:

          Implementing items that increased in power as you level up would
          also be easier to do:

          EQMOD:Holy|PRECLASS:1,Paladin=5
          EQMOD:Flaming|PRELEVEL:12

          The only thing missing for the gem socketing would be the ability to
          equip the gem on the item.
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 8 , May 17, 2006
            > Implementing items that increased in power as you level up would
            > also be easier to do:
            >
            > EQMOD:Holy|PRECLASS:1,Paladin=5
            > EQMOD:Flaming|PRELEVEL:12

            And after a deeper reading, some gem properties increase their bonus based upon the value of the gem. For instance (and I'm making this example up), a gem grants a +1 bonus to skills for every 1,000 gp in value. So if you put in a 10,000 value gem, you get a +10 bonus.

            Paul W. King
            PR SB, BoD
          • hharden71
            Message 5 of 8 , May 19, 2006

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Horner"
              <jlhorner1974@...> wrote:

              > It would be great if EQMOD would take PRExxx tags -- then the gem
              > socketing issue would be easier, so then you could do things like:
              >
              > EQMOD:Keen|PRETYPE:Weapon EQMOD:
              >
              > Implementing items that increased in power as you level up would
              > also be easier to do:
              >
              > EQMOD:Holy|PRECLASS:1,Paladin=5
              > EQMOD:Flaming|PRELEVEL:12
              >
              > The only thing missing for the gem socketing would be the ability
              > equip the gem on the item.

              Couldn't you simply make the item a container able to hold 1 gem?