OUTPUTNAME

  • Jason Horner
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2006
      I posted this to the CMP boards as well, but I have a quick question:

      I created a custom (specific) item in a .lst file that increases in
      power as the character levels up, and I want to use the OUTPUTNAME
      tag to display the enhancement bonus of the item, which I've defined
      in a VAR. According to the OUTPUTNAME list token in the docs, it
      gives this example:

      OUTPUTNAME:Magic Sword +%|((TL/5)+1)
      If the character is level 10 this would output as "Magic Sword +2".

      I dont understand why it shouldn't be "Magic Sword +3" (Isn't (10/5)
      +1 = 3?), but that's another problem for a different day.

      I use a statement like:

      OUTPUTNAME:Magic Sword +%|WeaponPlus

      and it prints out "Magic Sword +2.0". What expression can I use in
      my .LST file to get OUTPUTNAME to give me just the integer portion,
      like the example in the docs?

      I am using PCGen 5.8.1 on Windows XP SP2.

      -- Jason