Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Feat with benefit if arcane caster

  • Andrew Wilson
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2006
      On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:36:09PM -0400, Dominic Amann wrote:
      > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
      > > Check your class file and see if your setup as SPELLTYPE:Arcane, if its
      > > homebrew, you might have misspelled it.

      I suggest that you copy the text that the list editor produced and put
      it in a different dataset. The latest 5.10.0 release has a dataset
      designed to allow one to enter ones own data. You most likely won't be
      able to use 5.10 with your CMP stuff because they wn't have updated yet,
      but you could down load the package and just grab those files. They're
      called my_dataset and they're just below the data directory. If you're
      gong to use that, you should rename it so that when you do eventually
      update to something post 5.10.0 your data won't be overwritten.

      andrew
      --
      Taurus: (April. 20 - May 20)
      The stars, in their infinite variety, indicate both romance ahead
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2006
        Andrew Wilson wrote:

        >> I am using the CMP 3.5 dataset using the Wizard class. I notice the List
        >> Editor keeps munging the case of everything into all upper-case. I tried
        >> hand editing the customFeat.lst to make it "Arcane" exactly, with the
        >> same results (no insight bonus until I removed the
        >> PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane clause.
        >>
        >> Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
        >>
        >> Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
        >> mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
        >> body with the unyielding power of the mind.
        >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
        >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
        >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
        >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
        >> SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun
        >>

        > I suggest that you copy the text that the list editor produced and put
        > it in a different dataset. The latest 5.10.0 release has a dataset
        > designed to allow one to enter ones own data. You most likely won't be
        > able to use 5.10 with your CMP stuff because they wn't have updated yet,
        > but you could down load the package and just grab those files. They're
        > called my_dataset and they're just below the data directory. If you're
        > gong to use that, you should rename it so that when you do eventually
        > update to something post 5.10.0 your data won't be overwritten.
        >
        > andrew

        Ok, did all that. Struggled with several (different) bugs in 5.10. Same
        result.

        --
        Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
        Apt:436, 3020 Keele Street, Downsview, ON M3M 2H3
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2006
          On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:08:45AM -0400, Dominic Amann wrote:
          > Andrew Wilson wrote:
          > >>>>

          > >> I am using the CMP 3.5 dataset using the Wizard class. I notice the List
          > >> Editor keeps munging the case of everything into all upper-case. I tried
          > >> hand editing the customFeat.lst to make it "Arcane" exactly, with the
          > >> same results (no insight bonus until I removed the
          > >> PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane clause.
          > >>
          > >> Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
          > >>
          > >> Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
          > >> mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
          > >> body with the unyielding power of the mind.
          > >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
          > >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
          > >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
          > >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
          > >> SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun
          > >>

          > > I suggest that you copy the text that the list editor produced and put
          > > it in a different dataset. The latest 5.10.0 release has a dataset
          > > designed to allow one to enter ones own data. You most likely won't be
          > > able to use 5.10 with your CMP stuff because they wn't have updated yet,
          > > but you could down load the package and just grab those files. They're
          > > called my_dataset and they're just below the data directory. If you're
          > > gong to use that, you should rename it so that when you do eventually
          > > update to something post 5.10.0 your data won't be overwritten.
          > >
          > > andrew
          > >

          > Ok, did all that. Struggled with several (different) bugs in 5.10. Same
          > result.

          It's a code bug.

          andrew
          --
          Gemini: (May 21 - June 21)
          You will be the first one put up against the wall in next week's
          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2006
            On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:31:24PM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
            > On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:08:45AM -0400, Dominic Amann wrote:
            >> Ok, did all that. Struggled with several (different) bugs in 5.10. Same
            >> result.
            >
            > It's a code bug.

            I've fixed the bug and checked it in. The fix will be part of release
            5.10.1.

            In the meantime, I suggest you work round the problem. Forget about the
            PRE, create two versions of the feat, one with that bonus and one
            without. Apply the correct version to the character. This is not
            ideal, but it lets you have a correct character sheet until the problem
            is fixed in a version of code availbel to you.

            andrew
            --
            Taurus: (April. 20 - May 20)
            You'll be stripped of your merit badges, your troop insignia, and
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1, 2006

              > > Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
              > >
              > > Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The
              aesthetics and
              > > mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of
              the
              > > body with the unyielding power of the mind.
              > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
              > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
              > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
              > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
              > > SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun

              Your line is out of proper order.
              Should be:
              Message 6 of 12 , May 6, 2006
                taluroniscandar wrote:
                >>> Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
                >>>
                >>> Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The
                >>>
                > aesthetics and
                >
                >>> mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of
                >>>
                > the
                >
                >>> body with the unyielding power of the mind.
                >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
                >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
                >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
                >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
                >>> SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun
                >>>

                > Your line is out of proper order.
                > Should be:
                > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Insight|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane

                Yeah, but the list editor keeps re-ordering it the way I pasted it.
                Anyhoo, I have another work-around:

                Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
                mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
                body with the unyielding power of the mind.
                BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLTYPE:ARCANE,1,0|TYPE=INSIGHT
                BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
                BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
                SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun

                Tell me if this will have any other unintended side-effects, but it
                seems to work for me.