Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Feat with benefit if arcane caster

  • Dominic Amann
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2006
      Terry FitzSimons wrote:
      > Check your class file and see if your setup as SPELLTYPE:Arcane, if its
      > homebrew, you might have misspelled it.

      I am using the CMP 3.5 dataset using the Wizard class. I notice the List
      Editor keeps munging the case of everything into all upper-case. I tried
      hand editing the customFeat.lst to make it "Arcane" exactly, with the
      same results (no insight bonus until I removed the
      PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane clause.

      Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.

      Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
      mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
      body with the unyielding power of the mind.
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
      BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
      SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun

      I have checked the CMP (wotc) file and Arcane is spelled correctly, and
      Wizard is in the .pcg file.

      --
      Dominic Amann, Linux Based Solutions Ltd., <http://www.lbs.ca/>
      Apt:436, 3020 Keele Street, Downsview, ON M3M 2H3
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2006
        On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:36:09PM -0400, Dominic Amann wrote:
        > Terry FitzSimons wrote:
        > > Check your class file and see if your setup as SPELLTYPE:Arcane, if its
        > > homebrew, you might have misspelled it.

        I suggest that you copy the text that the list editor produced and put
        it in a different dataset. The latest 5.10.0 release has a dataset
        designed to allow one to enter ones own data. You most likely won't be
        able to use 5.10 with your CMP stuff because they wn't have updated yet,
        but you could down load the package and just grab those files. They're
        called my_dataset and they're just below the data directory. If you're
        gong to use that, you should rename it so that when you do eventually
        update to something post 5.10.0 your data won't be overwritten.

        andrew
        --
        Taurus: (April. 20 - May 20)
        The stars, in their infinite variety, indicate both romance ahead
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2006
          Andrew Wilson wrote:

          >> I am using the CMP 3.5 dataset using the Wizard class. I notice the List
          >> Editor keeps munging the case of everything into all upper-case. I tried
          >> hand editing the customFeat.lst to make it "Arcane" exactly, with the
          >> same results (no insight bonus until I removed the
          >> PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane clause.
          >>
          >> Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
          >>
          >> Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
          >> mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
          >> body with the unyielding power of the mind.
          >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
          >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
          >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
          >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
          >> SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun
          >>

          > I suggest that you copy the text that the list editor produced and put
          > it in a different dataset. The latest 5.10.0 release has a dataset
          > designed to allow one to enter ones own data. You most likely won't be
          > able to use 5.10 with your CMP stuff because they wn't have updated yet,
          > but you could down load the package and just grab those files. They're
          > called my_dataset and they're just below the data directory. If you're
          > gong to use that, you should rename it so that when you do eventually
          > update to something post 5.10.0 your data won't be overwritten.
          >
          > andrew

          Ok, did all that. Struggled with several (different) bugs in 5.10. Same
          result.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 1, 2006
            On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:08:45AM -0400, Dominic Amann wrote:
            > Andrew Wilson wrote:
            > >>>>

            > >> I am using the CMP 3.5 dataset using the Wizard class. I notice the List
            > >> Editor keeps munging the case of everything into all upper-case. I tried
            > >> hand editing the customFeat.lst to make it "Arcane" exactly, with the
            > >> same results (no insight bonus until I removed the
            > >> PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane clause.
            > >>
            > >> Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
            > >>
            > >> Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
            > >> mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
            > >> body with the unyielding power of the mind.
            > >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
            > >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
            > >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
            > >> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
            > >> SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun
            > >>

            > > I suggest that you copy the text that the list editor produced and put
            > > it in a different dataset. The latest 5.10.0 release has a dataset
            > > designed to allow one to enter ones own data. You most likely won't be
            > > able to use 5.10 with your CMP stuff because they wn't have updated yet,
            > > but you could down load the package and just grab those files. They're
            > > called my_dataset and they're just below the data directory. If you're
            > > gong to use that, you should rename it so that when you do eventually
            > > update to something post 5.10.0 your data won't be overwritten.
            > >
            > > andrew
            > >

            > Ok, did all that. Struggled with several (different) bugs in 5.10. Same
            > result.

            It's a code bug.

            andrew
            --
            Gemini: (May 21 - June 21)
            You will be the first one put up against the wall in next week's
            Message 5 of 12 , May 1, 2006
              On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 02:31:24PM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:
              > On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 09:08:45AM -0400, Dominic Amann wrote:
              >> Ok, did all that. Struggled with several (different) bugs in 5.10. Same
              >> result.
              >
              > It's a code bug.

              I've fixed the bug and checked it in. The fix will be part of release
              5.10.1.

              In the meantime, I suggest you work round the problem. Forget about the
              PRE, create two versions of the feat, one with that bonus and one
              without. Apply the correct version to the character. This is not
              ideal, but it lets you have a correct character sheet until the problem
              is fixed in a version of code availbel to you.

              andrew
              --
              Taurus: (April. 20 - May 20)
              You'll be stripped of your merit badges, your troop insignia, and
              Message 6 of 12 , May 1, 2006

                > > Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
                > >
                > > Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The
                aesthetics and
                > > mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of
                the
                > > body with the unyielding power of the mind.
                > > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
                > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
                > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
                > > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
                > > SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun

                Your line is out of proper order.
                Should be:
                Message 7 of 12 , May 6, 2006
                  taluroniscandar wrote:
                  >>> Here is the snippet of my feat.lst.
                  >>>
                  >>> Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The
                  >>>
                  > aesthetics and
                  >
                  >>> mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of
                  >>>
                  > the
                  >
                  >>> body with the unyielding power of the mind.
                  >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane|TYPE=INSIGHT
                  >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB
                  >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
                  >>> BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
                  >>> SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun
                  >>>

                  > Your line is out of proper order.
                  > Should be:
                  > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=Insight|PRESPELLCAST:TYPE=Arcane

                  Yeah, but the list editor keeps re-ordering it the way I pasted it.
                  Anyhoo, I have another work-around:

                  Mind over Body COST:1.0 VISIBLE:YES DESC:The aesthetics and
                  mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the
                  body with the unyielding power of the mind.
                  BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|PRESPELLTYPE:ARCANE,1,0|TYPE=INSIGHT
                  BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CHA|TYPE=MOB BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|CON|TYPE=MOB
                  BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|INT|TYPE=MOB TYPE:REGIONAL.CUSTOM
                  SOURCEPAGE:Players Guide to Faerun

                  Tell me if this will have any other unintended side-effects, but it
                  seems to work for me.