[59xx] questions about new Abilities tag format

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
      I'm very excited about the new Ability tag that's being introduced in
      5.9. I want to play around with it, see how it works, but (of course)
      there's no documentation yet.

      Is there some informal documentation or smaple datasets somewhere? Can
      some kind soul take a moment or two to explain the in and outs of
      Abilities?
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
        On 3/9/06 3:12 PM, "Jay" <jelmore@...> wrote:

        > I'm very excited about the new Ability tag that's being introduced in
        > 5.9. I want to play around with it, see how it works, but (of course)
        > there's no documentation yet.
        >
        > Is there some informal documentation or smaple datasets somewhere? Can
        > some kind soul take a moment or two to explain the in and outs of
        > Abilities?

        Well since I'm in charge of data and docs and all I know at this point is
        what we submitted to the code team via posts at experimental and trackers
        I'd have to say no, there's not that yet.

        I'm excited about it as well, you can be sure that when it becomes available
        I'll post on the main list, probably in the form of new tag entries.

        The feature is slated for inclusion in 5.10 and we do plan on using it to
        implement some features from a few sources, Mutations and possibly
        Occupations in the MSRD, Divine Salient Abilities in the RSRD so by the time
        5.10 is out (target date 4/30) there should be documentation and some
        examples.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2006
          On 3/9/06 3:22 PM, "Eddy Anthony" <eddyba@...> wrote:

          > Well since I'm in charge of data and docs and all I know at this point is
          > what we submitted to the code team via posts at experimental and trackers
          > I'd have to say no, there's not that yet.

          I should add that I do know the code team has been very active on this and
          there's no reason not to expect to see it completed soon.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback