Re: CASTERLEVEL woes... among other things

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 5:51 AM
      > I am trying to program a class that is making htings very difficult for
      > me...
      >
      > 1) The magic type of the class is considered both Arcane and
      Divine... can I
      > put SPELLTYPE into the class twice?

      No, only one caster type per class currently.
      Unless SPELLTYPE will take Arcane.Divine or Arcane|Divine, which I've
      never tried but am almost certain it will not.
      You can create a completely new caster type, but that would entail
      alot of .MOD's

      > 2) You can use half your highest spell level for qualifying for
      > feats/prestige classes that require a certain level of spell
      knowledge...
      > i.e. Being able to cast 4th level spells means the PC can qualify
      for feats
      > or PrCs that require being able to cast at least 2nd level arcane or
      divine
      > spells.

      The only thing I can think of the a separate caster type and then
      .MODing the requirements. That ALOT of work though and wouldn't allow
      for secondary sources.

      > 3) You get to add half your class levels as bonus caster levels to any
      > spellcasting class you multiclass with. I can't figure out how to
      do this
      > without listing a seperate BONUS|CASTERLEVEL tag for every spellcasting
      > class without adding it to itself. (And in this setting, there's a
      lot of
      > them...)

      ADD:SPELLCASTER(ANY)