CASTERLEVEL woes... among other things

  • Evan Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      I am trying to program a class that is making htings very difficult for
      me...

      1) The magic type of the class is considered both Arcane and Divine... can I
      put SPELLTYPE into the class twice?

      2) You can use half your highest spell level for qualifying for
      feats/prestige classes that require a certain level of spell knowledge...
      i.e. Being able to cast 4th level spells means the PC can qualify for feats
      or PrCs that require being able to cast at least 2nd level arcane or divine
      spells.

      3) You get to add half your class levels as bonus caster levels to any
      spellcasting class you multiclass with. I can't figure out how to do this
      without listing a seperate BONUS|CASTERLEVEL tag for every spellcasting
      class without adding it to itself. (And in this setting, there's a lot of
      them...)

      Any help, thoughts, ideas would be appreciated.

      TIA

      Evan
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
        > I am trying to program a class that is making htings very difficult for
        > me...
        >
        > 1) The magic type of the class is considered both Arcane and
        Divine... can I
        > put SPELLTYPE into the class twice?

        No, only one caster type per class currently.
        Unless SPELLTYPE will take Arcane.Divine or Arcane|Divine, which I've
        never tried but am almost certain it will not.
        You can create a completely new caster type, but that would entail
        alot of .MOD's

        > 2) You can use half your highest spell level for qualifying for
        > feats/prestige classes that require a certain level of spell
        knowledge...
        > i.e. Being able to cast 4th level spells means the PC can qualify
        for feats
        > or PrCs that require being able to cast at least 2nd level arcane or
        divine
        > spells.

        The only thing I can think of the a separate caster type and then
        .MODing the requirements. That ALOT of work though and wouldn't allow
        for secondary sources.

        > 3) You get to add half your class levels as bonus caster levels to any
        > spellcasting class you multiclass with. I can't figure out how to
        do this
        > without listing a seperate BONUS|CASTERLEVEL tag for every spellcasting
        > class without adding it to itself. (And in this setting, there's a
        lot of
        > them...)

        ADD:SPELLCASTER(ANY)