Question on how to handle this....

  • saabre2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
      My DM this quarter has done two things that I am unsure of how to code
      (Not that I have had much luck coding anyway). He granted the party a
      bonus of 4 skill points. This would increase the pool. I'd thought
      I'd add a Zero Cost feat and add to the advanced section this

      BONUS|SKILLPOOL|NUMBER|4

      It doesn't seem to effect anyone with the Feat. What am I doing wrong?

      2nd part

      We also had a random roll for a 'special'

      Mine was a +20 to sense motive.

      I thought I'd do a similar thing but just add 20 to the sense motive
      skill. It doesn't work either. Any suggestions?
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006

        You need to put a colon after BONUS, not a pipe. It should read
        BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER|4

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
        The Modern Monkey

        --
        By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and
        wife. Proceed with the execution. (Captain of 'Louisa' in "The African
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
          Sorry my typo.

          BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER|4
          Is the actual way it reads. The bonus: is generated in the advanced tab.

          Frank Kliewe <fkliewe@...> wrote:
> [...]

          Software distribution Salon software Medical software Software association Software jewelry Software deployment

        • Frank Kliewe
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006

            I looked into the Docs myself now, and the BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER entry
            says: "Valid only in class lines.", so that's why it won't work in a feat.

            Since this is something specific for your character, you might use
            "BONUS:SKILLPOOL|CLASS=x;LEVEL=y|z" instead. You know your character's class
            and level, so this could be done, but it may be even easier for you, simply
            not to use a feat, but to go to the Skills tab and manually add the 4 skill
            points to the "Skill Points Left for Class" input field. If you spend those
            additional points, the "Total Skill Points Left" field will show -4, but
            everything else should work that way.

            About part 2 - did you try "BONUS:SKILL|Sense Motive|20" ? That should work.

            Cheerio,

            Frank Kliewe
            PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
            The Modern Monkey