RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] modifying skills

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
      > You will need a main feat and several hidden sub-feats. The
      > main feat uses ADD:FEAT to select the one eligible sub feat.

      Why? That's way more involved than it needs to be, unless the tag I posted
      in my answer doesn't work as it's supposed to.

      Barak
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
        Barak wrote:
        >> You will need a main feat and several hidden sub-feats. The
        >> main feat uses ADD:FEAT to select the one eligible sub feat.
        >
        > Why? That's way more involved than it needs to be, unless the tag I posted
        > in my answer doesn't work as it's supposed to.

        Sounds like the issue is taking into account at what level the hero took
        the feat.

        e.g. did they take it at 1, 2, 3, 6, 9... etc...
      • Frank Kliewe
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006

          Because he wants to bonus only Smart levels. BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER will add
          to the total but not tie the skillpoints to a class, which is needed to make
          sure that the points are spent with the correct set of Class
          skills/Cross-Class skills.

          It is my understanding that since BONUS:SKILLPOOL|CLASS=x;LEVEL=y|z does not
          add the points at the level it is added, but can do so from any level - even
          retroactively - if I used PRELEVELMAX or PRECLASSLEVELMAX on that bonus,
          once the character had exceeded the given level it would then simply drop
          the bonus and thus reduce the available skill points.

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
          The Modern Monkey

          --
          By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and
          wife. Proceed with the execution. (Captain of 'Louisa' in "The African
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
            > From: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
            > Because he wants to bonus only Smart levels.

            Ah, somehow I missed that little bit in there.

            Ugh, that is ugly. :p

            Barak