RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] modifying skills

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006

      You will need a main feat and several hidden sub-feats. The main feat uses
      ADD:FEAT to select the one eligible sub feat.

      The sub-feats will have to be set up to be eligible exactly at the one Smart
      level that the feat is added on, so they will need
      PREMULT:2,[PRECLASS:1,Smart=1],[PRELEVELMAX:Smart=1] etc. to be eligible at
      the exact level they are added on, (the PREMULT example is for 1st level)

      The sub-feats have bonuses like
      "BONUS:SKILLPOOL|CLASS=Smart;Level=1|2|PRECLASS:1,Smart=1" and so on up to
      level 10, so the sub-feat for level 1 needs 10 bonuses, one for every
      following level, while the sub-feat for level 7 only needs level 7-10
      covered by bonuses. The Bonuses will then fire only when the appropriate
      level has been reached.

      If this is a general feat, than a problem will be that you can add it even
      if you just raised another class, and it will then bonus the last level of
      smart that had been added previously. Your post didn't state how that would
      have to be handled.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
      The Modern Monkey

      --
      By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and
      wife. Proceed with the execution. (Captain of 'Louisa' in "The African
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
        > You will need a main feat and several hidden sub-feats. The
        > main feat uses ADD:FEAT to select the one eligible sub feat.

        Why? That's way more involved than it needs to be, unless the tag I posted
        in my answer doesn't work as it's supposed to.

        Barak
      • Kevin Brown
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
          Barak wrote:
          >> You will need a main feat and several hidden sub-feats. The
          >> main feat uses ADD:FEAT to select the one eligible sub feat.
          >
          > Why? That's way more involved than it needs to be, unless the tag I posted
          > in my answer doesn't work as it's supposed to.

          Sounds like the issue is taking into account at what level the hero took
          the feat.

          e.g. did they take it at 1, 2, 3, 6, 9... etc...
        • Frank Kliewe
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006

            Because he wants to bonus only Smart levels. BONUS:SKILLPOOL|NUMBER will add
            to the total but not tie the skillpoints to a class, which is needed to make
            sure that the points are spent with the correct set of Class
            skills/Cross-Class skills.

            It is my understanding that since BONUS:SKILLPOOL|CLASS=x;LEVEL=y|z does not
            add the points at the level it is added, but can do so from any level - even
            retroactively - if I used PRELEVELMAX or PRECLASSLEVELMAX on that bonus,
            once the character had exceeded the given level it would then simply drop
            the bonus and thus reduce the available skill points.

            Cheerio,

            Frank Kliewe
            PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur
            The Modern Monkey

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2006
              > From: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
              > Because he wants to bonus only Smart levels.

              Ah, somehow I missed that little bit in there.

              Ugh, that is ugly. :p

              Barak