Re: equipmods - multiples of ACCHECK & SPELLFAILURE?

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "oggmosh" <oggmosh@y...> wrote:

      > I have two different base materials.
      >
      > Armor made of one will give half the standard Armor Check penalty and
      > spell failure that steel would give, and the second turns out armor
      > with twice the standard ACCHECK and SPELLFAILURE values.
      >
      > Is there a way to get these to accept formulae?
      >
      > This is the format for a material that works:
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|3|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE
      > BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTDIV|2
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-10|TYPE=Enhancement
      >
      > I've tried the following, and they don't seem to work:
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|%|ARMORACCHECK
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|ACCHECK
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|%|ACCHECK
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|ARMORACCHECK
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECKMULT|2
      > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|*2
      >
      > and similar things for SPELLFAILURE.
      >
      > Is there a way of implementing this?

      The only multiplication (and division) BONi that I'm aware of is (are)
      the weight affecting ones. All of the others are addative (to subtract
      make the number opposite sign).

      I can only think of one way to do this and I'm not sure it'll work.
      You just have to try. Note that this is not a "release lst file
      approved" method.

      Try using the output token to access the value. For example, use
      ARMOR.0.ACHECK to get the ACCHECK value and plug it into the bonus
      statment
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|(ARMOR.0.ACHECK)/2 to reduce by half
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|-(ARMOR.0.ACHECK) to double

      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-(ARMOR.0.SPELLFAIL)/2 to half
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|(ARMOR.0.SPELLFAIL) to double

      Notes:
      1. these are recursive entries, which is why I guarantee nothing.
      2. BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK| is coded to assume a reduction is intended
      so positive numbers subtract and negative numbers add
      3. The .0. indicates the first armor in inventory, so this might not
      work if the character owns more than one armor. No way to ensure the
      proper order.
      4. is above doesn't work replace .0. in the above with .EQUIPPED.0.
      (the first equipped armor, of which there can only be one) and then
      equip the armor and check if it works properly.