Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Feat Question

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      hawaiisempi scribed:

      > I'm new to the group and to editing PCGen LST files. I'm currently
      > working on converting the Shadowforce Archer Pan Asian Collective sourc
      > book to use with PCGen 5.8.0.
      >
      > Since I'm new, I thought I start out with the feats section to get my
      > feet wet in creating my LST file. I'm trying to create a feat -
      > Disarming Twist that states a benefit of having a +4 gear bonus to all
      > disarm checks when using a weapon with a particular quality.
      >
      > I have created the feat but don't know how to to put the bonus to the
      > the disarm check.
      >
      > What is the tag used for this?

      This may be a case where there is no tag for it. A disarm check involves a
      number of variables which are circumstantial, also, Disarm is not listed on
      the OS. Basically it is an opposed attack roll, so someone with this feat
      would get a +4 bonus to his attack roll when performing that action.

      Additionally the bonus from the feat is itself circumstantial as they only
      get the benefit if the weapon they are wielding has the trap quality.

      As a policy we do not include the benefit text of the feat in the dataset,
      this makes it so the book is required to use the dataset.

      So there is no variable to bonus, you should not include the text and it's
      circumstance anyway. The answer is that you leave it out, it's up to the
      player to understand how the feat works and when it can be applied.

      I'm glad you are working on this, I have the book so keep posting questions
      and I'll be happy to help you out.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback