Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Sub-Types

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2006
      On 1/13/06 1:09 PM, "boomer70" <boomer70@...> wrote:

      > OK. I think I have an idea of how I could get this to
      > work. Basically changing the race type would store
      > the previous racetype. Then the [BASETYPE] could
      > refer to it. It brings up an interesting question of
      > what if you apply two templates that both change
      > racetype? What are you an Augmented ?

      > The other approach would be to have the Augmented
      > stuff be attached to the RACETYPE tag in the template.
      > If it is seperate I can't really refer to the race
      > type in the template and if I happen to change the
      > RACETYPE before processing the RACESUBTYPE tag you
      > will get the wrong result.

      I think it should always reference the RACETYPE from the race line, the text
      says "The augmented subtype is always paired with the creature's original
      type." which to me should always be the one in the race line. That would
      mean that if a creature from a source was written up with an Augmanted type
      we would need to code it with it's own template so that we could set it's
      base type in the race line, we would need to do that anyway to have it get
      the right monster class anyway.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback