Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Familiar Question - MASTERBONUSRACE Tag

  • Kevin Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
      > My understanding is that this tags grants whatever bonuses or
      > abilities listed on the line to the master of the familiar. True?
      >
      > I'm asking because I'm trying to create a familiar-ish creature. I
      > have BONUS:STAT|STR|2 on the MASTERBONUSRACE line for a creature and
      > it's not showing up under the master. Are certain things prohibited on
      > this tag? I don't see this one at all in my 5.8 documentation.

      What does the full tag you are entering look like because the ones in
      the rsrd_companionmods.lst show:

      MASTERBONUSRACE:Cat<tab>TYPE:Familiar<tab>BONUS:SKILL|Move
      Silently|3<tab>VFEAT:Alertness
    • Shelley
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
        > What does the full tag you are entering look like because the ones
        in
        > the rsrd_companionmods.lst show:
        >
        > MASTERBONUSRACE:Cat<tab>TYPE:Familiar<tab>BONUS:SKILL|Move
        > Silently|3<tab>VFEAT:Alertness

        MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide BONUS:STAT|STR|2
        SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance

        I don't get the spell or the strength bump.
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006

          > MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide BONUS:STAT|STR|2
          > SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance
          >
          > I don't get the spell or the strength bump.

          Not sure if you can do that, but a good place to start would be the TYPE
          tag.

          TYPEs cannot have spaces. :)

          Barak
        • Shelley
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Barak <barak@d...> wrote:

            > > MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide
            BONUS:STAT|STR|2
            > > SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance
            > >
            > > I don't get the spell or the strength bump.
            >
            > Not sure if you can do that, but a good place to start would be
            the TYPE
            > tag.
            >
            > TYPEs cannot have spaces. :)
            >
            > Barak

            You sure? In the PHB companionmod, there is TYPE:Animal Companion
            and that works.
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
              > You sure? In the PHB companionmod, there is TYPE:Animal
              > Companion and that works.

              Obvioously not. :p

              I just know I've always been told that is the case.

              Barak
            • Eddy
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Shelley" <takenote61@y...> wrote:

                > MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide BONUS:STAT|STR|2
                > SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance
                >
                > I don't get the spell or the strength bump.

                The problem may be that the race you specified does not exist in the files. I don't know what
                you are using but in the RSRD set there is a "Bear (Black)", "Bear (Brown)" and "Bear (Polar)"
                but no "Bear". The MASTERBONUSRACE tag may need an exact name.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                  > but no "Bear". The MASTERBONUSRACE tag may need an exact name.

                  Correct, MASTERBONUSRACE needs exact name. Using "Bear [tab]" or "Bear%" might work, but I doubt it.

                  Tir Gwaith
                  LST Chimp