Familiar Question - MASTERBONUSRACE Tag

  • Shelley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
      My understanding is that this tags grants whatever bonuses or
      abilities listed on the line to the master of the familiar. True?

      I'm asking because I'm trying to create a familiar-ish creature. I
      have BONUS:STAT|STR|2 on the MASTERBONUSRACE line for a creature and
      it's not showing up under the master. Are certain things prohibited on
      this tag? I don't see this one at all in my 5.8 documentation.
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
        > My understanding is that this tags grants whatever bonuses or
        > abilities listed on the line to the master of the familiar. True?
        >
        > I'm asking because I'm trying to create a familiar-ish creature. I
        > have BONUS:STAT|STR|2 on the MASTERBONUSRACE line for a creature and
        > it's not showing up under the master. Are certain things prohibited on
        > this tag? I don't see this one at all in my 5.8 documentation.

        What does the full tag you are entering look like because the ones in
        the rsrd_companionmods.lst show:

        MASTERBONUSRACE:Cat<tab>TYPE:Familiar<tab>BONUS:SKILL|Move
        Silently|3<tab>VFEAT:Alertness
      • Shelley
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
          > What does the full tag you are entering look like because the ones
          in
          > the rsrd_companionmods.lst show:
          >
          > MASTERBONUSRACE:Cat<tab>TYPE:Familiar<tab>BONUS:SKILL|Move
          > Silently|3<tab>VFEAT:Alertness

          MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide BONUS:STAT|STR|2
          SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance

          I don't get the spell or the strength bump.
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006

            > MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide BONUS:STAT|STR|2
            > SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance
            >
            > I don't get the spell or the strength bump.

            Not sure if you can do that, but a good place to start would be the TYPE
            tag.

            TYPEs cannot have spaces. :)

            Barak
          • Shelley
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Barak <barak@d...> wrote:

              > > MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide
              BONUS:STAT|STR|2
              > > SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance
              > >
              > > I don't get the spell or the strength bump.
              >
              > Not sure if you can do that, but a good place to start would be
              the TYPE
              > tag.
              >
              > TYPEs cannot have spaces. :)
              >
              > Barak

              You sure? In the PHB companionmod, there is TYPE:Animal Companion
              and that works.
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 8, 2006
                > You sure? In the PHB companionmod, there is TYPE:Animal
                > Companion and that works.

                Obvioously not. :p

                I just know I've always been told that is the case.

                Barak
              • Eddy
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Shelley" <takenote61@y...> wrote:

                  > MASTERBONUSRACE:Bear TYPE:Spirit Guide BONUS:STAT|STR|2
                  > SPELLS:SWSpecial|Bears Endurance
                  >
                  > I don't get the spell or the strength bump.

                  The problem may be that the race you specified does not exist in the files. I don't know what
                  you are using but in the RSRD set there is a "Bear (Black)", "Bear (Brown)" and "Bear (Polar)"
                  but no "Bear". The MASTERBONUSRACE tag may need an exact name.
                  --
                  ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 9, 2006
                    > but no "Bear". The MASTERBONUSRACE tag may need an exact name.

                    Correct, MASTERBONUSRACE needs exact name. Using "Bear [tab]" or "Bear%" might work, but I doubt it.

                    Tir Gwaith
                    LST Chimp