Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] PRExxxx and .CLEAR

  • Reed Thornton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2006
      On 1/6/06, Felonius Stark <felonius@...> wrote:

      > Is .CLEAR supposed to work in all tags? I'm trying to .MOD Mobility
      > so that instead of just accepting Dodge as a prefeat, it'll accept
      > Dodge or another feat (it's from Magic of Incarnum, not OGL, so I'll
      > call it Other Dodge for now). I tried
      > Mobility.MOD<tab>PREFEAT:.CLEAR<tab>PREFEAT:1,Dodge,Other Dodge
      >
      > this leaves the original requirement, requires a feat called .CLEAR,
      > and one of Dodge or Other Dodge... Is there some way I can do this
      > without going in and modifying the original file? Or some way to
      > indicate in Other Dodge that it counts as Dodge?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -James

      Something that you might give a whirl is something like

      Mobility.MOD<tab>PREFEAT:.CLEAR.Dodge<tab>PREFEAT:1,Dodge,Other Dodge

      I seem to recall seeing something in the past where you could/should follow
      the .CLEAR with the info specifying which object the clear should be
      performed on. This may have been for SA's though.

      Reed

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2006
        I created a creature and added the celestial template, upon doing so I
        noticed a few things:

        1) No Template Celestial (Common) was found [I looked in the data set
        and it is asking for a template called Celestial (Common)]
        2) The HD modifiers are based not on the actual HD, but instead on the
        final LA level total, i.e. instead of 8 hd it's looking at another LA of
        10* this appears to be from other LA instead of using the base HD.***
        See note below
        3) The HD:SA: tags are not showing in the OS

        A little bit along the same lines I've noticed animal companions and
        special mounts are getting a LA based upon the extra HD bestowed upon
        them. My test creature has a base HD of 4 and then +4 from being a
        special mount is CL=8 but the TL=12 add the Celestial template and the
        TL=14. Looking at the Celestial SR it comes out to be 17 (so the
        template LA of +2 isn't a factor but the other LA coming from being a
        special mount is. Looking at the PDF output, the creature is showing a
        TCL of 12 and TL of 14 with the +2 LA.
        The SR should be 13 (=8+5) instead of 17 (=12+5). Is there a rule I am
        not aware of adding special LA for being a special mount or animal
        companion (it appears to be something adding an extra class level hidden
        in the background based upon the output sheet) or is this a bug?

        ---
        Virus Database (VPS): 0601-3, 01/06/2006
        Tested on: 1/7/2006 2:31:17 PM