Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] PRExxxx and .CLEAR

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6 12:37 PM
      At 13:30 2006.01.06, Felonius Stark wrote:
      >Is .CLEAR supposed to work in all tags? I'm trying to .MOD Mobility
      >so that instead of just accepting Dodge as a prefeat, it'll accept
      >Dodge or another feat (it's from Magic of Incarnum, not OGL, so I'll
      >call it Other Dodge for now). I tried
      >Mobility.MOD<tab>PREFEAT:.CLEAR<tab>PREFEAT:1,Dodge,Other Dodge
      >
      >this leaves the original requirement, requires a feat called .CLEAR,
      >and one of Dodge or Other Dodge... Is there some way I can do this
      >without going in and modifying the original file? Or some way to
      >indicate in Other Dodge that it counts as Dodge?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >-James

      With the PRExxx tags, the only option is PRE:.CLEAR that clear all the prereqs.

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Reed Thornton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6 2:57 PM
        On 1/6/06, Felonius Stark <felonius@...> wrote:

        > Is .CLEAR supposed to work in all tags? I'm trying to .MOD Mobility
        > so that instead of just accepting Dodge as a prefeat, it'll accept
        > Dodge or another feat (it's from Magic of Incarnum, not OGL, so I'll
        > call it Other Dodge for now). I tried
        > Mobility.MOD<tab>PREFEAT:.CLEAR<tab>PREFEAT:1,Dodge,Other Dodge
        >
        > this leaves the original requirement, requires a feat called .CLEAR,
        > and one of Dodge or Other Dodge... Is there some way I can do this
        > without going in and modifying the original file? Or some way to
        > indicate in Other Dodge that it counts as Dodge?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -James

        Something that you might give a whirl is something like

        Mobility.MOD<tab>PREFEAT:.CLEAR.Dodge<tab>PREFEAT:1,Dodge,Other Dodge

        I seem to recall seeing something in the past where you could/should follow
        the .CLEAR with the info specifying which object the clear should be
        performed on. This may have been for SA's though.

        Reed

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7 2:31 PM
          I created a creature and added the celestial template, upon doing so I
          noticed a few things:

          1) No Template Celestial (Common) was found [I looked in the data set
          and it is asking for a template called Celestial (Common)]
          2) The HD modifiers are based not on the actual HD, but instead on the
          final LA level total, i.e. instead of 8 hd it's looking at another LA of
          10* this appears to be from other LA instead of using the base HD.***
          See note below
          3) The HD:SA: tags are not showing in the OS

          A little bit along the same lines I've noticed animal companions and
          special mounts are getting a LA based upon the extra HD bestowed upon
          them. My test creature has a base HD of 4 and then +4 from being a
          special mount is CL=8 but the TL=12 add the Celestial template and the
          TL=14. Looking at the Celestial SR it comes out to be 17 (so the
          template LA of +2 isn't a factor but the other LA coming from being a
          special mount is. Looking at the PDF output, the creature is showing a
          TCL of 12 and TL of 14 with the +2 LA.
          The SR should be 13 (=8+5) instead of 17 (=12+5). Is there a rule I am
          not aware of adding special LA for being a special mount or animal
          companion (it appears to be something adding an extra class level hidden
          in the background based upon the output sheet) or is this a bug?

          ---
          Virus Database (VPS): 0601-3, 01/06/2006
          Tested on: 1/7/2006 2:31:17 PM