Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Template assignment in Race/Kit choices

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
      On 1/5/06 3:37 PM, "Celondon" <fgrubb@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to assign a Template based on a Race Pick. Specifically,
      > the player chooses a Race, and it asks him to choose a Region. That
      > Region selection should then assign a Template to the character.
      >
      > Things I've tried:
      > <i>TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:FooA|FooB|FooC</i> in the Race File (instead of
      > Region) and that did not work -- the template choice never came up.

      TEMPLATE:CHOOSE is a template tag, which is probably why it is not firing.
      What you could do is have a base template that is assigned by the race and
      then put the TEMPLATE:CHOOSE in that.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2006
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
        wrote:

        > On 1/5/06 3:37 PM, "Celondon" <fgrubb@m...> wrote:
        >
        > > I'm trying to assign a Template based on a Race Pick. Specifically,
        > > the player chooses a Race, and it asks him to choose a Region. That
        > > Region selection should then assign a Template to the character.
        > >
        > > Things I've tried:
        > > <i>TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:FooA|FooB|FooC</i> in the Race File (instead of
        > > Region) and that did not work -- the template choice never came up.
        >
        > TEMPLATE:CHOOSE is a template tag, which is probably why it is not
        firing.
        > What you could do is have a base template that is assigned by the
        race and
        > then put the TEMPLATE:CHOOSE in that.
        > --
        > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

        Ah! That would make sense, I suppose. The Documentation has
        TEMPLATE:CHOOSE as usable in the Race file
        (file:///C:/pcgen594/pcgen594/docs/listfilepages/datafilestagpages/datafilesraces.html#TEMPLATECHOOSE)
        which is where I got confused. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a
        whirl.