Re: Hit Die as a Formula?

  • Celondon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
      <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

      > I think its possible, but it'll probably be *very* ugly. I know that
      > CMP has implemented Savave Species style monster classes with HD that
      > don't implement with every level. However, I'm not sure how to do what
      > you're talking about.
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

      I was reading through the docs and thinking it might be doable using a
      roll statement, then a .MOD to the HD at each level increase. Ugly,
      and probably not what I want even if it works (questionable) but worth
      investigating, I think.

      I might just stick with 'User Entered Hit Points' :)
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
        On 1/5/06 2:42 PM, "Celondon" <fgrubb@...> wrote:

        > I was reading through the docs and thinking it might be doable using a
        > roll statement, then a .MOD to the HD at each level increase. Ugly,
        > and probably not what I want even if it works (questionable) but worth
        > investigating, I think.

        Nope, roll() is only useful in places where the number is generated once and
        never re-evaluated (mostly in kits). In classes, races and most other
        objects the formulas are re-evaluated each time changes are made in the GUI
        (or something along those lines). So even if HD took a JEP formula (and I
        don't think it does) you would get a different result every time you looked
        at it.

        This is the kind of thing I would just do with real dice and adjust the hit
        points manually, there's a button in the summary tab which gives you access
        to the hit point rolls.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback