RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: [modern] pacifist race

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
      > > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
      > >
      > > CLASS:Strong.MOD
      > > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
      > > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
      > >
      > > Something like that might work.
      >
      > No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
      > race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
      > MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
      > this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
      > how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

      While I could see the use of a Pacifist template and a
      !PRETEMPLATE:1,Pacifist attached to the FEATAUTO tag in the base classes, I
      am reluctant to do this as long as we speak of 1 race in 1 dataset, which
      can be worked around with a .MOD tag.

      One thing that Tir taught me is that more objects + more prereqs = slower
      PCGen. It may be only one template and 6 prereqs in this case, but where do
      we start and where do we stop? The gain from this should be higher than
      benefiting one special case from one dataset.

      Which means all this will change, if more publishers/sources do start using
      this.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

      --
      That's it. Out you two pixies go - through the door, or out the window.
      (Nick the Barkeeper in "It's A Wonderful Life", 1946)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
        is it possible in the .MOD to use an If statement?

        I dont know the syntax exactly, but like, if Race /= Wussy then
        featauto:SWP
      • Frank Kliewe
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006

          That's what the PRExxx tags are for. In the example I used FEATAUTO:Simple
          Weapons Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace], to say apply the FEATAUTO tag
          if the race is not Pacifistrace.

          PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name was
          Wussy, !PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name
          was not Wussy.

          You can attach a PRExxx tag to another tag (although not every tag will
          accepts it) or put it in as it's own tag, when it will be used for the whole
          Class, Feat or whatever you use it in.

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur