Re: Hit Die as a Formula?

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
      I think its possible, but it'll probably be *very* ugly. I know that
      CMP has implemented Savave Species style monster classes with HD that
      don't implement with every level. However, I'm not sure how to do what
      you're talking about.

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
    • Celondon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
        <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

        > I think its possible, but it'll probably be *very* ugly. I know that
        > CMP has implemented Savave Species style monster classes with HD that
        > don't implement with every level. However, I'm not sure how to do what
        > you're talking about.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

        I was reading through the docs and thinking it might be doable using a
        roll statement, then a .MOD to the HD at each level increase. Ugly,
        and probably not what I want even if it works (questionable) but worth
        investigating, I think.

        I might just stick with 'User Entered Hit Points' :)
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
          On 1/5/06 2:42 PM, "Celondon" <fgrubb@...> wrote:

          > I was reading through the docs and thinking it might be doable using a
          > roll statement, then a .MOD to the HD at each level increase. Ugly,
          > and probably not what I want even if it works (questionable) but worth
          > investigating, I think.

          Nope, roll() is only useful in places where the number is generated once and
          never re-evaluated (mostly in kits). In classes, races and most other
          objects the formulas are re-evaluated each time changes are made in the GUI
          (or something along those lines). So even if HD took a JEP formula (and I
          don't think it does) you would get a different result every time you looked
          at it.

          This is the kind of thing I would just do with real dice and adjust the hit
          points manually, there's a button in the summary tab which gives you access
          to the hit point rolls.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback