RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] [modern] pacifist race

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
      > > How do you code a race so they don't get Simple Weapons Proficiency
      > > automatically like everyone else does? They can still choose it if
      > > they want.
      > >
      > > Paul W. King
      > > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
      > >

      > Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
      >
      > On any class line.
      >
      > Paul G.

      As a side note Wizards don't get the simple weapons

      Paul G.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
        > Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
        >
        > On any class line.

        The MSRD is currently based with SWP on every base class line. This
        question was more in line with how should this race be handled in
        Modern.

        Paul W. King
        OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
      • Frank Kliewe
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006

          Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?

          CLASS:Strong.MOD
          1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
          Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth

          Something like that might work.

          Cheerio,

          Frank Kliewe
          PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

          --
          That's it. Out you two pixies go - through the door, or out the window.
          (Nick the Barkeeper in "It's A Wonderful Life", 1946)
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
            > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
            >
            > CLASS:Strong.MOD
            > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
            > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
            >
            > Something like that might work.

            No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
            race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
            MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
            this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
            how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.

            Paul W. King
            OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
          • Frank Kliewe
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
              > > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
              > >
              > > CLASS:Strong.MOD
              > > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
              > > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
              > >
              > > Something like that might work.
              >
              > No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
              > race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
              > MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
              > this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
              > how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

              While I could see the use of a Pacifist template and a
              !PRETEMPLATE:1,Pacifist attached to the FEATAUTO tag in the base classes, I
              am reluctant to do this as long as we speak of 1 race in 1 dataset, which
              can be worked around with a .MOD tag.

              One thing that Tir taught me is that more objects + more prereqs = slower
              PCGen. It may be only one template and 6 prereqs in this case, but where do
              we start and where do we stop? The gain from this should be higher than
              benefiting one special case from one dataset.

              Which means all this will change, if more publishers/sources do start using
              this.

              Cheerio,

              Frank Kliewe
              PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

              --
            • Sardonicus@Snet.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
                is it possible in the .MOD to use an If statement?

                I dont know the syntax exactly, but like, if Race /= Wussy then
                featauto:SWP
              • Frank Kliewe
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006

                  That's what the PRExxx tags are for. In the example I used FEATAUTO:Simple
                  Weapons Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace], to say apply the FEATAUTO tag
                  if the race is not Pacifistrace.

                  PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name was
                  Wussy, !PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name
                  was not Wussy.

                  You can attach a PRExxx tag to another tag (although not every tag will
                  accepts it) or put it in as it's own tag, when it will be used for the whole
                  Class, Feat or whatever you use it in.

                  Cheerio,

                  Frank Kliewe
                  PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur