RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] [modern] pacifist race

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
      > How do you code a race so they don't get Simple Weapons
      > Proficiency automatically like everyone else does? They can
      > still choose it if they want.
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

      Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency

      On any class line.

      Paul G.
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
        > > How do you code a race so they don't get Simple Weapons Proficiency
        > > automatically like everyone else does? They can still choose it if
        > > they want.
        > >
        > > Paul W. King
        > > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
        > >

        > Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
        >
        > On any class line.
        >
        > Paul G.

        As a side note Wizards don't get the simple weapons

        Paul G.
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
          > Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
          >
          > On any class line.

          The MSRD is currently based with SWP on every base class line. This
          question was more in line with how should this race be handled in
          Modern.

          Paul W. King
          OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
        • Frank Kliewe
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006

            Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?

            CLASS:Strong.MOD
            1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
            Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth

            Something like that might work.

            Cheerio,

            Frank Kliewe
            PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

            --
            That's it. Out you two pixies go - through the door, or out the window.
            (Nick the Barkeeper in "It's A Wonderful Life", 1946)
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
              > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
              >
              > CLASS:Strong.MOD
              > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
              > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
              >
              > Something like that might work.

              No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
              race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
              MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
              this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
              how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.

              Paul W. King
              OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
            • Frank Kliewe
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
                > > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
                > >
                > > CLASS:Strong.MOD
                > > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
                > > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
                > >
                > > Something like that might work.
                >
                > No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
                > race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
                > MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
                > this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
                > how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.
                >
                > Paul W. King
                > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

                While I could see the use of a Pacifist template and a
                !PRETEMPLATE:1,Pacifist attached to the FEATAUTO tag in the base classes, I
                am reluctant to do this as long as we speak of 1 race in 1 dataset, which
                can be worked around with a .MOD tag.

                One thing that Tir taught me is that more objects + more prereqs = slower
                PCGen. It may be only one template and 6 prereqs in this case, but where do
                we start and where do we stop? The gain from this should be higher than
                benefiting one special case from one dataset.

                Which means all this will change, if more publishers/sources do start using
                this.

                Cheerio,

                Frank Kliewe
                PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

                --
              • Sardonicus@Snet.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
                  is it possible in the .MOD to use an If statement?

                  I dont know the syntax exactly, but like, if Race /= Wussy then
                  featauto:SWP
                • Frank Kliewe
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006

                    That's what the PRExxx tags are for. In the example I used FEATAUTO:Simple
                    Weapons Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace], to say apply the FEATAUTO tag
                    if the race is not Pacifistrace.

                    PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name was
                    Wussy, !PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name
                    was not Wussy.

                    You can attach a PRExxx tag to another tag (although not every tag will
                    accepts it) or put it in as it's own tag, when it will be used for the whole
                    Class, Feat or whatever you use it in.

                    Cheerio,

                    Frank Kliewe
                    PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur