[modern] pacifist race

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
      How do you code a race so they don't get Simple Weapons Proficiency
      automatically like everyone else does? They can still choose it if they
      want.

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
        > How do you code a race so they don't get Simple Weapons
        > Proficiency automatically like everyone else does? They can
        > still choose it if they want.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

        Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency

        On any class line.

        Paul G.
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
          > > How do you code a race so they don't get Simple Weapons Proficiency
          > > automatically like everyone else does? They can still choose it if
          > > they want.
          > >
          > > Paul W. King
          > > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
          > >

          > Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
          >
          > On any class line.
          >
          > Paul G.

          As a side note Wizards don't get the simple weapons

          Paul G.
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006
            > Don't put FEATAUTO:Simple Weapon Proficiency
            >
            > On any class line.

            The MSRD is currently based with SWP on every base class line. This
            question was more in line with how should this race be handled in
            Modern.

            Paul W. King
            OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
          • Frank Kliewe
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2006

              Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?

              CLASS:Strong.MOD
              1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
              Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth

              Something like that might work.

              Cheerio,

              Frank Kliewe
              PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

              --
              That's it. Out you two pixies go - through the door, or out the window.
              (Nick the Barkeeper in "It's A Wonderful Life", 1946)
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
                > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
                >
                > CLASS:Strong.MOD
                > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
                > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
                >
                > Something like that might work.

                No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
                race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
                MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
                this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
                how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.

                Paul W. King
                OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
              • Frank Kliewe
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
                  > > Have you tried to .MOD the base classes?
                  > >
                  > > CLASS:Strong.MOD
                  > > 1 FEATAUTO:.CLEAR <TAB> FEATAUTO:Simple Weapons
                  > > Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace] <TAB> FEATAUTO:Starting Wealth
                  > >
                  > > Something like that might work.
                  >
                  > No, hadn't thought of that. I was also thinking that, since this is a
                  > race in a forthcoming RPGO book, we may want to re-think the actual
                  > MSRD classes. I say this only because now that one publisher has done
                  > this, it would not surprise me if others will. Granted, I'm not sure
                  > how to do the alterations because SWP is based on class, not race.
                  >
                  > Paul W. King
                  > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

                  While I could see the use of a Pacifist template and a
                  !PRETEMPLATE:1,Pacifist attached to the FEATAUTO tag in the base classes, I
                  am reluctant to do this as long as we speak of 1 race in 1 dataset, which
                  can be worked around with a .MOD tag.

                  One thing that Tir taught me is that more objects + more prereqs = slower
                  PCGen. It may be only one template and 6 prereqs in this case, but where do
                  we start and where do we stop? The gain from this should be higher than
                  benefiting one special case from one dataset.

                  Which means all this will change, if more publishers/sources do start using
                  this.

                  Cheerio,

                  Frank Kliewe
                  PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur

                  --
                • Sardonicus@Snet.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006
                    is it possible in the .MOD to use an If statement?

                    I dont know the syntax exactly, but like, if Race /= Wussy then
                    featauto:SWP
                  • Frank Kliewe
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 5, 2006

                      That's what the PRExxx tags are for. In the example I used FEATAUTO:Simple
                      Weapons Proficiency[!PRERACE:1,Pacifistrace], to say apply the FEATAUTO tag
                      if the race is not Pacifistrace.

                      PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name was
                      Wussy, !PRERACE:1,Wussy would only be applied if the character's Race name
                      was not Wussy.

                      You can attach a PRExxx tag to another tag (although not every tag will
                      accepts it) or put it in as it's own tag, when it will be used for the whole
                      Class, Feat or whatever you use it in.

                      Cheerio,

                      Frank Kliewe
                      PCGen Data Chimp, OS & TM Lemur