Re: [trackered] RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] How to use FEAT:ADD inside a feat?

  • Andriy Sen
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 24, 2005
      >> Not a bug, Paul. FEATAUTO turns off feats. Feat choices have to
      > FEATAUTO turns off feat _choices_.
      >> be delinated in the FEATAUTO tag. That's how it is designed.
      >> (Please delete the tracker, thanks.)
      >
      > I need either more caffine or more sleep. This retail holiday season has
      > been killer for me.
      Now you confused me. Do you still think it's not a bug?

      Thanks,
      Andriy
    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 24, 2005
        > Now you confused me. Do you still think it's not a bug?

        Correct. If you use the FEATAUTO: tag, it turns off all CHOOSERs, such as ADD:xxx and CHOOSE. You have to put all the choices (CHOOSE) into the feat. It will also turn off ADD:FEAT() in that. You _really_ should not be using ADD:FEAT() inside a feat unless you have to.

        To get any and all CHOOSE/ADD popups, you need to use ADD:FEAT()

        What is wrong with the ADD:FEAT(TYPE.General)1 in your class line?

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Andriy Sen
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 24, 2005
          > Correct. If you use the FEATAUTO: tag, it turns off all CHOOSERs, such as
          > ADD:xxx and CHOOSE. You have to put all the choices (CHOOSE) into the
          > feat. It will also turn off ADD:FEAT() in that. You _really_ should not
          > be using ADD:FEAT() inside a feat unless you have to.
          >
          > To get any and all CHOOSE/ADD popups, you need to use ADD:FEAT()
          >
          > What is wrong with the ADD:FEAT(TYPE.General)1 in your class line?
          Would I be able to use PREFEAT on it?

          Thanks,
          Andriy
        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 24, 2005
            > > What is wrong with the ADD:FEAT(TYPE.General)1 in your class line?
            > Would I be able to use PREFEAT on it?

            Nope, but why are you using FEATAUTO for if you want PRExxx checked?

            Better yet. What are you (symantically) trying to do?

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Andriy Sen
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 24, 2005
              > Nope, but why are you using FEATAUTO for if you want PRExxx checked?
              Since I need a feat to be able to check PRExxx and I do not want the
              user
              to be prompted twice - once for ADD:FEAT on the class line and once
              for ADD:FEAT on the feat line.
              Hmm... Maybe I need to look at templates...
              They should take PREFEAT, right?

              > Better yet. What are you (symantically) trying to do?
              Semantically I would like to grant substitution feat if the
              character already has the given feat.

              Thanks,
              Andriy