Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Templates with random choices

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      On 12/8/05 12:48 AM, "Paul" <paul.grosse@...> wrote:

      > Okay I don't think I this can be done yet. But I thought I'd ask anyway.
      >
      > There's a template I'm working on when it's applied the creature gets
      > 1d4 of several special attacks, and it's a percentage roll to determine
      > what attacks it gets. It does the same thing with Special Qualities.
      >
      > I know how to create several templates to let the user choose the
      > selections I just wondered if there was a way to do it totally randomly.
      >
      > Also the last of the percential rolls is to pick two attacks or
      > abilities.
      >
      > Any thoughts? In the meantime I'll just generate them all for user
      > selection.

      I had hoped to be able to do this sort of thing with a kit. I presented the
      idea as a way to implement random treasure tables and the thread turned into
      a debate about tables and databases and never resolved into a workable FREQ.

      If you don't recall, the idea was this:

      I like SELECT:roll("1d3"), but then you could not add
      EQMODs to the equipment. how about we use a PRESELECT:1 in a line. We could
      then do ranges like:

      SELECT:roll("1d100")
      GEAR:Spear PRESELECT:1-20
      GEAR:Magic Helmet PRESELECT:21-90
      GEAR:Garden Rake +5 PRESELECT:91-100

      We could then use this for _anything_ a kit can grant :-)
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback