How to give this bonus to spellcasters?

  • Evan Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
      I am trying to code a feat, that in some ways is like ye olde non-OGL feat
      Practiced Spellcaster. But there's a different spin on it.

      The feat:
      Experience Caster

      What it does:
      For every 2 levels you have in a spellcasting class, you gain a +1 bonus to
      your effective caster level for that class, but it cannot exceed your total
      character level.

      So, for example: A Cleric 5/Wizard 6 would have effective caster levels of
      Cleric 7 and Wizard 9. (Of course it doesn;t include bonus spells, it's
      only casterlevel)

      Now, for the non-OGL feat, I used CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES|1 and then a funky
      complicated formula to get it to apply.

      Thsi happens to any spellcasting class you have. So how would I go about
      applying that bonus to all casting classes with one bonus entry? Short of
      listing every class available?

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Evan
    • Evan Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2005
        >I am trying to code a feat, that in some ways is like ye olde non-OGL feat
        > Practiced Spellcaster. But there's a different spin on it.
        >
        > The feat:
        > Experience Caster
        >
        > What it does:
        > For every 2 levels you have in a spellcasting class, you gain a +1 bonus
        > your effective caster level for that class, but it cannot exceed your
        > total
        > character level.
        >
        > So, for example: A Cleric 5/Wizard 6 would have effective caster levels of
        > Cleric 7 and Wizard 9. (Of course it doesn;t include bonus spells, it's
        > only casterlevel)
        >
        > Now, for the non-OGL feat, I used CHOOSE:SPELLCLASSES|1 and then a funky
        > complicated formula to get it to apply.
        >
        > Thsi happens to any spellcasting class you have. So how would I go about
        > applying that bonus to all casting classes with one bonus entry? Short of
        > listing every class available?
        >
        > Any ideas?

        Isuppose I should elaborate...

        What I was initially thinking of doing, was just including a
        BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|TYPE.Arcane and another with TYPE.DIVINE... except there's
        no way for me to just put somehting along the lines of min(CL/2,TL) because
        then I need to indicate every individual class and prestige class that has
        individual spellcasting abilities of their own.

        Evan
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2005
          Bump...