[Fwd: Help with a hidden feat I'm trying to put together]

  • Alryon
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hello,

      Would someone please help me finish this little piece? I've been writing
      LST files for a campaign I'm going to run for a week now and I could
      usually sort things myself. This time I don't seem to find a solution,
      probably because of inexperience. The problem, though, is actually just
      a "cosmetic" one (but one I'd like solved, nonetheless). I wrote the
      following hidden feat as part of an ability much like the one the rogue
      gets beggining at 10th level. Everything is working fine, except that I
      can't get the Special Abilities entry to display the chosen skill (in
      the place marked with an X in the code). I've tried "%" and "LIST", but
      I'm not sure about the syntax and my attempts didin't work. Could anyone
      tell me how it can be done, if it can be done?

      Skilled
      TYPE:ZywkSecrets
      VISIBLE:NO
      SA:Skilled (*X*)
      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Appraise|Bluff|TYPE=Craft|Diplomacy|Heal|TYPE=Perform|TYPE=Profession|Sense
      Motive|Sleight of Hand|1
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|(CL=Zywk)/2
      MULT:YES

      Thanks a million!

      Alryon
    • Frank Kliewe
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
        > except that I
        > can't get the Special Abilities entry to display the chosen skill (in
        > the place marked with an X in the code). I've tried "%" and
        > "LIST", but
        > I'm not sure about the syntax and my attempts didin't work.
        > Could anyone
        > tell me how it can be done, if it can be done?
        >
        > Skilled
        > TYPE:ZywkSecrets
        > VISIBLE:NO
        > SA:Skilled (*X*)
        > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|Appraise|Bluff|TYPE=Craft|Diplomacy|Heal|TY
        > PE=Perform|TYPE=Profession|Sense
        > Motive|Sleight of Hand|1
        > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|(CL=Zywk)/2
        > MULT:YES
        >
        > Thanks a million!
        >
        > Alryon

        The SA: tag is using %CHOICE for the substitution, in your case that would
        be SA:Skilled (%CHOICE)

        Cheerio,

        Frank Kliewe
        PCGen Data Gibbon & OS Lemur

        --
        I've no regrets. I've been everywhere and done everything. I've eaten caviar
        at Cannes, sausage rolls at the dogs. I've played baccarat at Biarritz and
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2005
          Thanks a million, Frank!

          Alryon

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe"