[5.9.3 - RSRD] Fighter BAB

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2005
      Is there a reason that the fighter's BAB tag doesn't have TYPE=Base.REPLACE
      on it?

      Paul W. King
      OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon

    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
        > Is there a reason that the fighter's BAB tag doesn't have TYPE=Base.REPLACE
        > on it?

        Nope, that's a bug.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
          [ 1350171 ] [RSRD][5.9.3] Fighter BAB
          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1350171&group_id=25576&atid=750091

          Paul W. King
          OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
            Kewl. It really will only effect a character using temporary modifiers from a few spells.

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp

            > [ 1350171 ] [RSRD][5.9.3] Fighter BAB
            > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1350171&group_id=25576&atid=750091
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > OGL/PL/TM Chimp, Data Gibbon
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
              Hmm, I would have thought it affected the PREATT tag. I thought that
              checks base BAB only...

              Guess I must be mistaken though or people would be complaining about a
              lot of fighter feats they couldn't qualify for. :p

              Barak

            • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2005
                Chris,

                It is a BONUS:COMBAT|BAB| PREATT (which I personally would like to see as PREBAB, since that is what it is) checks BAB total, which is Unnamed + Named-Any negative modifiers. In this case, not having the TYPE=Base.REPLACE means some spells that just grant TYPE=Base BONUSes to BAB will stack with Fighter levels, when they shouldn't.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp