Adding a familiar to a custom class

  • pkukwork
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello,

      I am a bit confused as to which parameter controls the fact that a
      class can have a familiar. All that I have found in the Sorcerer and
      Wizard classes says "SA:Summon Familiar". So how do I add to a new
      class the fact that it can summon a familiar and add it in the
      companion tab ? Beacuse simply adding the SA above does not seem to do
      the trick.

      And what if the class only gains the familiar at a level higher than 1
      ? And has the powers provided slower over levels than the Sorcerer or
      wizard ?

      Thanks in advance for your help,

      Philippe
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        DEFINE:FMLevel|0
        and
        BONUS:VAR|FMLevel|<x>, where <x> is usually CL.

        Those are both on the CLASS line of the Sorcerer and Wizard. That's what
        the companionmods that control familars, etc. works off for the Familiar
        definition.

        If you want it to get a Familiar at a higher level, put the DEFINE in the
        level the class gets it. To change the progression, merely change the <x>
        part in the BONUS statement above.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > I am a bit confused as to which parameter controls the fact that a
        > class can have a familiar. All that I have found in the Sorcerer and
        > Wizard classes says "SA:Summon Familiar". So how do I add to a new
        > class the fact that it can summon a familiar and add it in the
        > companion tab ? Beacuse simply adding the SA above does not seem to do
        > the trick.
        >
        > And what if the class only gains the familiar at a level higher than 1
        > ? And has the powers provided slower over levels than the Sorcerer or
        > wizard ?
      • pkukwork
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
          <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:

          > DEFINE:FMLevel|0
          > and
          > BONUS:VAR|FMLevel|<x>, where <x> is usually CL.
          >
          > Those are both on the CLASS line of the Sorcerer and Wizard. That's
          what
          > the companionmods that control familars, etc. works off for the Familiar
          > definition.
          >
          > If you want it to get a Familiar at a higher level, put the DEFINE
          in the
          > level the class gets it. To change the progression, merely change
          the <x>
          > part in the BONUS statement above.

          Thank you very much. Can I just point out that this is not very
          obvious, and that the name of the variable could be made a bit more
          easy to find, including "Familiar" or at least "Fam" in it ? I did a
          search on this and found nothing.

          But it works, and it works well, so thanks again.

          Philippe