SA that adds 4 ranks to a skill - HOW?

  • fireflash1536
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
      I am attempting to code a class ability that grants the character 4
      ranks in any intelligence-based skill that they do not already have
      ranks in. also the skill cannot be of type=SPECIAL.

      At the moment, i have it set up as a hidden feat like so:

      in a feats.lst file

      <feat name>
      VISIBLE:NO
      SA:<ability name> (%LIST)
      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE=Intelligence.!SPECIAL|1
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|LIST|4
      MULT:YES
      STACKS:NO

      Unfortunately, the chooser doesn't come up, and the ability is not
      granted (nor does the feat appear if i change it to a visible:yes). In
      the class.lst file, i first tried calling it with a ADD:FEAT tag,
      which did nothing. i then tried a FEATAUTO, which looked like it
      called up a dialog box at the appropriate level, but it closed
      instantly. Also, the above does not address the requirement that the
      skill not have any ranks assigned it. I figured a PRESKILL taz with an
      =0 in it would do the job, but i can't determine the exact syntax of
      that tag, nor where to put it.

      help?
    • fireflash1536
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2005
        I figured out what was causing the choose dialog to not appear.
        Apparently combining the Intelligence and !SPECIAL on the TYPE= part
        of the choose made pcgen think that there were no qualifying feats
        (which there are). So I removed the !SPECIAL and it works. Now all I
        have to figure out is how to exclude SPECIAL type feats and feats in
        which the character already has ranks.

        -FF

        Ps. the use of %LIST in the feats file also didn't work, it should be
        %CHOICE.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "fireflash1536"