Pants!!!

  • robodruid
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
      I am trying to learn how to create custom items. As an example I
      would like to add pants to my chracter.

      And I don't know how.

      If there is a help guide that can tell me how to create custom Items,
      I would appreciate it if someone can pont the way.

      I'm trying to creat pants that I can wear with all the other gear. In
      my past attempts at customizing, I've had problems equiping
      everything.

      Thanks for the help
      RD
    • kigmatzomat
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "robodruid" <robodruid@c...>
        wrote:

        > I am trying to learn how to create custom items. As an example I
        > would like to add pants to my chracter.
        >
        > And I don't know how.

        I did this a year or so ago and am working from memory but it should
        give you a starting point. Besides, people will leap at the chance to
        point out my errors. :)

        In the system folder there is a file that tells PCGen where each
        object is worn. IIRC it is called slots.lst. Clone one of the other
        objects and only give it 1 slot (e.g. "Legwear SLOTS:1")

        in an equipment.lst file you need to create a base object. Use a
        shirt or a vest as an example for your pants but change the type from
        "TYPE:BASE.SHIRT" to "TYPE:BASE.LEGWEAR"

        Once you start PCGen with the new equipment.lst file loaded you should
        see a "legwear" category in the inventory chooser with a "pants"
        entry. You can use the customizer to give it all the normal magical
        properties.

        -James McP