Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Slow Loading and Java errors

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2005
      On 10/10/05 9:53 AM, "Bruce Snelgrove" <sneller61@...> wrote:

      > I checked out your solution and it looks like it doesn't apply.

      I don't follow you, how does it not apply?

      > I did find a process to turn a windows version into one
      > that will run on a Mac, so between your solution and
      > one that I have, it is doable, but I think that I'll save
      > that as last resort ( Lots of editing).

      > Does anyone have any idea as hoe to solve the memory issue on the Mac version?

      There is not really Mac or windows versions. What there is is the standard
      release which is java application that will run on any platform that
      supports java, and then we have the Mac and Windows installers. I don't know
      what the windows installer does (I don't have a PC) but the Mac installer
      has a packaged version of the java app in it, so it's not really a different
      version than the pcgen.jar file (if you look in the package you will find
      the pcgen.jar file inside). The instruction I gave are for the standard
      release, I don't think they will work for the Mac package.

      If you are using the Mac package there is no need to download the standard
      release, you can extract the .jar file out of the .app file. Control-click
      on the PCGen app and choose Show Contents, then find the pcgen.jar file and
      copy it into the PCGen directory. Then use the instructions to run it with
      more memory.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback