Re: Misc Output Sheet questions

  • Chuck Pint
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe"
      <fkliewe@t...> wrote:

      > > 2. I want to output spell-like abilities grouped by
      > > TIMES but I am having a hard time figuring out how to
      > > get it to work. What I would like to see is
      > > Spell-Like Abilities: At will--continual flame, dispel
      > > magic, holy smite (DC 20)...other at will
      > > abilities...; 3/day--blade barrier (DC 22), ...other
      > > abilities usable 3/day.; etc.
      >
      > Maybe Chuck knows something better here. All I can think of is a
      series of
      > FOR loops, one for every different TIMES, accompanied by IIF again,
      so only
      > the abilities with the wanted value come out from that loop.

      Interesting problem. Basically, you want to list the spells, sorted by
      number of times per day it can be used. Note that the spell list
      sorting is actually in the GUI of PCGen. It's on the top of the right
      pane. Since spells are indexed by class and level, that's easy to
      change in the OS. But any other sort would have to be done in the GUI,
      or by brute force methods like Frank proposed. The OS uses a lot of
      brute force methods for some things (look at weapons, they are even
      more complex that spells).

      So the short answer, no I don't know of a better way.

      Chuck
      OS Chimp
    • boomer70
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...>
        wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe"
        > <fkliewe@t...> wrote:
        >
        > > > 2. I want to output spell-like abilities grouped by
        > > > TIMES but I am having a hard time figuring out how to
        > > > get it to work. What I would like to see is
        > > > Spell-Like Abilities: At will--continual flame, dispel
        > > > magic, holy smite (DC 20)...other at will
        > > > abilities...; 3/day--blade barrier (DC 22), ...other
        > > > abilities usable 3/day.; etc.
        > >
        > > Maybe Chuck knows something better here. All I can think of is a
        > series of
        > > FOR loops, one for every different TIMES, accompanied by IIF
        again,
        > so only
        > > the abilities with the wanted value come out from that loop.
        >
        > Interesting problem. Basically, you want to list the spells,
        sorted by
        > number of times per day it can be used. Note that the spell list
        > sorting is actually in the GUI of PCGen. It's on the top of the
        right
        > pane. Since spells are indexed by class and level, that's easy to
        > change in the OS. But any other sort would have to be done in the
        GUI,
        > or by brute force methods like Frank proposed. The OS uses a lot of
        > brute force methods for some things (look at weapons, they are even
        > more complex that spells).
        >
        > So the short answer, no I don't know of a better way.
        >
        > Chuck
        > OS Chimp

        Thanks guys I will give these a try.

        -Aaron