RE: [PCGenListFileHelp] Misc Output Sheet questions

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
      > I am trying to create an output sheet that will output
      > in a specific format and have run into a few things I
      > am not sure how I can do (if at all).
      >
      > 1. CLASSLIST. Is there any modifiers to this token?
      > I am trying to output a list of classes but I don't
      > want to see monster classes or classes with 0 levels
      > (e.g. Planetar outputs Outsider14, Cleric0). I would
      > also like to be able to access the level separate from
      > the class so I can output 10th level wizard instead of Wizard10.

      |FOR,%class,0,COUNT[CLASSES]-1,1,1|
      |IIF(whatever)|
      |ELSE|
      |CLASS.%class||CLASS.%class.LEVEL|
      |ENDIF|
      |ENDFOR|

      Replace "whatever" with testing what you don't want. You can test for a
      multiple classes by linking with .OR.

      Here is an example what something linked with .OR. might looks like:
      |IIF(SUB18.RACE:Dimensional Horror.OR.TYPE:Dragon)|

      You can play around with class and level here, but it will take a few IIFs
      to get 1st, 2nd, 3rd right.

      > 2. I want to output spell-like abilities grouped by
      > TIMES but I am having a hard time figuring out how to
      > get it to work. What I would like to see is
      > Spell-Like Abilities: At will--continual flame, dispel
      > magic, holy smite (DC 20)...other at will
      > abilities...; 3/day--blade barrier (DC 22), ...other
      > abilities usable 3/day.; etc.

      Maybe Chuck knows something better here. All I can think of is a series of
      FOR loops, one for every different TIMES, accompanied by IIF again, so only
      the abilities with the wanted value come out from that loop.

      > 3. It seems that when I use math functions to
      > calculate a value the resulting value is returned as a
      > floating point number. Is there anyway to convert it
      > back to an integer?

      |VAR.WHATEVER.INTVAL|

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data Gibbon & OS Lemur

      --
      No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have
      enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe"
        <fkliewe@t...> wrote:

        > > 2. I want to output spell-like abilities grouped by
        > > TIMES but I am having a hard time figuring out how to
        > > get it to work. What I would like to see is
        > > Spell-Like Abilities: At will--continual flame, dispel
        > > magic, holy smite (DC 20)...other at will
        > > abilities...; 3/day--blade barrier (DC 22), ...other
        > > abilities usable 3/day.; etc.
        >
        > Maybe Chuck knows something better here. All I can think of is a
        series of
        > FOR loops, one for every different TIMES, accompanied by IIF again,
        so only
        > the abilities with the wanted value come out from that loop.

        Interesting problem. Basically, you want to list the spells, sorted by
        number of times per day it can be used. Note that the spell list
        sorting is actually in the GUI of PCGen. It's on the top of the right
        pane. Since spells are indexed by class and level, that's easy to
        change in the OS. But any other sort would have to be done in the GUI,
        or by brute force methods like Frank proposed. The OS uses a lot of
        brute force methods for some things (look at weapons, they are even
        more complex that spells).

        So the short answer, no I don't know of a better way.

        Chuck
        OS Chimp
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...>
          wrote:
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Kliewe"
          > <fkliewe@t...> wrote:
          >
          > > > 2. I want to output spell-like abilities grouped by
          > > > TIMES but I am having a hard time figuring out how to
          > > > get it to work. What I would like to see is
          > > > Spell-Like Abilities: At will--continual flame, dispel
          > > > magic, holy smite (DC 20)...other at will
          > > > abilities...; 3/day--blade barrier (DC 22), ...other
          > > > abilities usable 3/day.; etc.
          > >
          > > Maybe Chuck knows something better here. All I can think of is a
          > series of
          > > FOR loops, one for every different TIMES, accompanied by IIF
          again,
          > so only
          > > the abilities with the wanted value come out from that loop.
          >
          > Interesting problem. Basically, you want to list the spells,
          sorted by
          > number of times per day it can be used. Note that the spell list
          > sorting is actually in the GUI of PCGen. It's on the top of the
          right
          > pane. Since spells are indexed by class and level, that's easy to
          > change in the OS. But any other sort would have to be done in the
          GUI,
          > or by brute force methods like Frank proposed. The OS uses a lot of
          > brute force methods for some things (look at weapons, they are even
          > more complex that spells).
          >
          > So the short answer, no I don't know of a better way.
          >
          > Chuck
          > OS Chimp

          Thanks guys I will give these a try.

          -Aaron