Re: Paladin gets Negative Level with Holy Weapon. Just me ?

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
      wrote:
      > Eric Blische scribed:
      >
      > > (PCGEN 5.6.1, with 3.5 RSRD and a bunch of the Code Monkey
      > > add-ons: Defenders of the Faith, Book of Hallowed Might, etc.)
      >
      > OK stop right there, The Open Source RSRD files and any made by CMP
      are not
      > compatible and if you are using them together errors like this are
      bound to
      > crop up.
      >
      > Having said that I seem to recall from the misty past that there was
      a bug
      > with PREALIGN at one time but it's hard to say, it was so long ago.

      I remember - PREALIGN was applying backwards.

      Eric, try putting !PREALIGN:2,5,8 and see if it works correctly.

      If it does then likely the backwards problem on PREALIGN has crept
      back in.

      BTW, PREALIGN:2,5,8 is correct - the megative level is only supposed
      to apply to evil alignments which 2, 5 and 8 are lawful evil, nuetral
      evil and chaotic evil.
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        > > (PCGEN 5.6.1,

        Wait, I didn't notice this before ... I believe the PREALIGN checking
        reversed problem was fixed in 5.7.
      • Reed Thornton
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
          On 10/3/05, taluroniscandar <mhgj@...> wrote:

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
          > wrote:
          > > Eric Blische scribed:
          > >
          > > > (PCGEN 5.6.1, with 3.5 RSRD and a bunch of the Code Monkey

          I remember - PREALIGN was applying backwards.

          > Eric, try putting !PREALIGN:2,5,8 and see if it works correctly.
          >
          > If it does then likely the backwards problem on PREALIGN has crept
          > back in.
          >
          > BTW, PREALIGN:2,5,8 is correct - the megative level is only supposed
          > to apply to evil alignments which 2, 5 and 8 are lawful evil, nuetral
          > evil and chaotic evil.

          It's not creeping back in... he's using an old version that still has it.
          Reed