Add a TYPE=Metamagic feat to a feat

  • Chris Dudley
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
      I am trying to code a feat that allows the user to select a metamagic feat,
      but it doesn't grant the feat, it can simply be selected for any metamagic
      feat. It allows the user to fuel a spell with other energy to add the
      metamagic feat to a spell on the fly. But they have to choose a single
      metamagic feat when this feat is selected. I can't use
      CHOOSE:FEATLIST|TYPE=Metamagic, because this only selects metamagic feats
      that the character already has. Is there an alternate choose usage that
      allows the user to select from all feats of a particular type, without being
      granted that feat by itself?

      For example, they can choose Maximize as the metamagic feat they can imbue a
      spell with. But they don't get the Maximize feat, they just get to maximize
      on the fly.

      The latest thing I tried, but doesn't work, is this:
      STACK:NO
      MULT:YES
      CHOOSE:CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=TYPE.Metamagic

      Is there a way to do this?
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
        Try CHOOSE:FEATSELECT|TYPE=Metamagic

        If you check 5.9.3 or any alpha the docs on CHOOSE have been updated.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Dudley" <eolas@p...>
        wrote:
        > I am trying to code a feat that allows the user to select a
        metamagic feat,
        > but it doesn't grant the feat, it can simply be selected for any
        metamagic
        > feat. It allows the user to fuel a spell with other energy to add the
        > metamagic feat to a spell on the fly. But they have to choose a single
        > metamagic feat when this feat is selected. I can't use
        > CHOOSE:FEATLIST|TYPE=Metamagic, because this only selects metamagic
        feats
        > that the character already has. Is there an alternate choose usage that
        > allows the user to select from all feats of a particular type,
        without being
        > granted that feat by itself?
        >
        > For example, they can choose Maximize as the metamagic feat they can
        imbue a
        > spell with. But they don't get the Maximize feat, they just get to
        maximize
        > on the fly.
        >
        > The latest thing I tried, but doesn't work, is this:
        > STACK:NO
        > MULT:YES
        > CHOOSE:CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=TYPE.Metamagic
        >
        > Is there a way to do this?
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
          --- Chris Dudley <eolas@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to code a feat that allows the user to
          > select a metamagic feat,
          > but it doesn't grant the feat, it can simply be
          > selected for any metamagic
          > feat. It allows the user to fuel a spell with other
          > energy to add the
          > metamagic feat to a spell on the fly. But they have
          > to choose a single
          > metamagic feat when this feat is selected. I can't
          > use
          > CHOOSE:FEATLIST|TYPE=Metamagic, because this only
          > selects metamagic feats
          > that the character already has. Is there an
          > alternate choose usage that
          > allows the user to select from all feats of a
          > particular type, without being
          > granted that feat by itself?
          >
          > For example, they can choose Maximize as the
          > metamagic feat they can imbue a
          > spell with. But they don't get the Maximize feat,
          > they just get to maximize
          > on the fly.
          >
          > The latest thing I tried, but doesn't work, is this:
          > STACK:NO
          > MULT:YES
          > CHOOSE:CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT=TYPE.Metamagic
          >
          > Is there a way to do this?

          CHOOSE:FEATSELECT|TYPE=Metamagic

          -Aaron

          ----------------