PPRExxx able to cast max level spells

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      I'm running into the following as a PREREQ:

      "ability to manifest powers of the normal maximum power level in at least
      one
      psionic class"

      Or

      "ability to cast spells of the normal maximum spell level in at least one
      arcane class"

      Anyone got an elegant way to do this?

      I know I can brute force it with a PREMULT and several combinations of class
      names and spell levels, but that would leave out anything new that gets
      entered (and I really don't want to have to go back and add stuff every time
      a new class is entered)..

      Barak
    • James Blakeney
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        That need to be a freq. If you want a workaround. Put a variable in
        each class that indicate the maximum level. Say psion 1
        DEFINE:MaximumLevel:1|PREVAREQ:(CL=psion)+(ML=psion),17 then you can
        just do a prevareq. Well I cant stick it in psion 17 as you got
        multiclassing. Course pain in butt for all the primary spellcaster
        classes out there lol.
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Barak <barak@v...> wrote:
        > I'm running into the following as a PREREQ:
        >
        > "ability to manifest powers of the normal maximum power level in at
        least
        > one
        > psionic class"
        >
        > Or
        >
        > "ability to cast spells of the normal maximum spell level in at
        least one
        > arcane class"
        >
        > Anyone got an elegant way to do this?
        >
        > I know I can brute force it with a PREMULT and several combinations
        of class
        > names and spell levels, but that would leave out anything new that gets
        > entered (and I really don't want to have to go back and add stuff
        every time
        > a new class is entered)..
        >
        > Barak
      • James Blakeney
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          Correction set define to 0 and do the prevar on the bonus var
          MaximumLevel. I forgot you cant do a pre on a DEFINE.
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "James Blakeney"