Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Paladin gets Negative Level with Holy Weapon. Just me ?

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Eric Blische scribed:

      > (PCGEN 5.6.1, with 3.5 RSRD and a bunch of the Code Monkey
      > add-ons: Defenders of the Faith, Book of Hallowed Might, etc.)

      OK stop right there, The Open Source RSRD files and any made by CMP are not
      compatible and if you are using them together errors like this are bound to
      crop up.

      Having said that I seem to recall from the misty past that there was a bug
      with PREALIGN at one time but it's hard to say, it was so long ago.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
        wrote:
        > Eric Blische scribed:
        >
        > > (PCGEN 5.6.1, with 3.5 RSRD and a bunch of the Code Monkey
        > > add-ons: Defenders of the Faith, Book of Hallowed Might, etc.)
        >
        > OK stop right there, The Open Source RSRD files and any made by CMP
        are not
        > compatible and if you are using them together errors like this are
        bound to
        > crop up.
        >
        > Having said that I seem to recall from the misty past that there was
        a bug
        > with PREALIGN at one time but it's hard to say, it was so long ago.

        I remember - PREALIGN was applying backwards.

        Eric, try putting !PREALIGN:2,5,8 and see if it works correctly.

        If it does then likely the backwards problem on PREALIGN has crept
        back in.

        BTW, PREALIGN:2,5,8 is correct - the megative level is only supposed
        to apply to evil alignments which 2, 5 and 8 are lawful evil, nuetral
        evil and chaotic evil.
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
          > > (PCGEN 5.6.1,

          Wait, I didn't notice this before ... I believe the PREALIGN checking
          reversed problem was fixed in 5.7.
        • Reed Thornton
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
            On 10/3/05, taluroniscandar <mhgj@...> wrote:

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@m...>
            > wrote:
            > > Eric Blische scribed:
            > >
            > > > (PCGEN 5.6.1, with 3.5 RSRD and a bunch of the Code Monkey

            I remember - PREALIGN was applying backwards.

            > Eric, try putting !PREALIGN:2,5,8 and see if it works correctly.
            >
            > If it does then likely the backwards problem on PREALIGN has crept
            > back in.
            >
            > BTW, PREALIGN:2,5,8 is correct - the megative level is only supposed
            > to apply to evil alignments which 2, 5 and 8 are lawful evil, nuetral
            > evil and chaotic evil.

            It's not creeping back in... he's using an old version that still has it.
            Reed